Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3rd list now. I've been dinking around with different builds and I think I've found one that has all the units I want to put in my army, and will still have a playing style that suits me. Assuming that I haven't made any glaring TK faux pas, I think this is the approximate list that I'll be using as a guide for when I start buying my army (this week, if everything goes as planned).

Total: 2248

Characters

Tomb King
w/ Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest Hierophant
w/ Hand Weapon, Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
w/ Hand Weapon, Dispell Scroll, Dispell Scroll, Casket of Souls

Liche Priest
w/ Hand Weapon, Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors
w/ Hand Weapon, Bows, Musicians

20 Skeleton Warriors

20 Skeleton Warriors

3 Chariots

Special

24 Tomb Guard
w/ Hand Weapons, Shields, Light Armour, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

4 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare

Screaming Skull Catapult
w/ Skulls of the Foe

The idea is for a nice defencive set up. My core infantry run interference for the casket, who should be on a hill in order to get as many hits as possible each round. The TG are the second line of defence, and will back up my archer blocks once the enemy closes the gap. The chariots will back up my TG, sitting in a position to flank charge an enemy unit if they go for my elite infantry. The scorpions are on war machine duty, because if they have stone throwers or cannons, I want them dead before the casket gets hit. The carrion, while also added war machine insurance, will also back up the scorpions once the enemy artillery is dead by loafing around the rears of enemy units in combat in order to mop up fleeing units, or sniping mages if the opportunity presents itself. The catapult will sit near the casket, not only because the Liche Priest is probably going to have nothing better to do than Incantation of Smiting it each turn, but also because some players may prioritize it over the casket and shoot for my artillery instead.

My only problem thus far is the vulnerability this army would have against armies that get a large number of units with special deployment rules, like Lizardmen, Clan Eshin Skaven, Beastmen, and the like. Some C&C would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like your list, It will have 2-3 groups of troops, 1 unit of 20 archers for ranged fire.

Nice size unit of TG! Some people think they are too expensive but I disagree. I had a unit of 20TG with my King in it and it destroyed everything it touched!

The one tweak I would suggest (take suggestion with a grain of salt as I am only 20 battles young) is another unit of chariots. With no light cav it would be nice to have another fast cav unit with the ability to charge into flanks of large blocks of troops or sneak past to war machines.

Nice list though. Have fun building the army!

Lanny May

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Erm... Wow... Im quite stunned, first time I can remember seeing a list that is pretty much perfect! :) I like it.. a lot.

The only thing i have to say is a minor switch around. I think a second Chariot unit may be useful, and if you agree then id recommend dropping one of the skelie archer units for 3 more Chariots. 40pts left to play with then, put them into one more Carrion, and then an extra skellie into each remaining unit i guess...

On another note, if your Priests are listed in Hieratic order, have the Casket Priest be bottom (i.e 1st to cast), as being static, it can give you more flexibility later on in the phase.

As for dealing with special deployment stuff: 1) make sure they are following the rules. Must be in or behind cover, or 12" away atleast. thats for the mst annoying of the units anyway, and people often get their rules wrong. 2) Use your Scorps to cover yourself. Place them in terrain if need be, to watch your flanks, etc etc. These armies with annoying deployment stuff tend not to have Warmachines to ICFB at.

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
eeek dude. my poor litttle highelves may not be able to withstand the defense of this army. lol some good fights ahead of us eh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts