Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone else wondering why there is no shining spears or warp spiders pheonix lord. it seems strange that they were just missed out. if they were included in the new codex what equipment would you like to see them given?

· Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
If the point costs were lowered than there might be in the new codex.....

If the points of a Shining Spear Exarch is high...think about what the cost of a phoenix lord shining spear would cost...:alien:

This probably should go into the Eldar Wishlist sticky on top...

· Registered
341 Posts
A Pheonix Lord isn't just any old guy that founds an Aspect Warrior Shrine. According to the 2nd Edition Codex, there are tons of minor Shrines out there, like the Shining Spears, Warp Spiders, Slicing Orbs of Xandros...

A Pheonix Lord is a little bit more special, its an Exarch that is also one of the most ancient heroes of 40K history. They've accumulated thousands of years of combat experience from the many Exarchs that have won the suit and merged into their persona that takes them well beyond the abilities of a normal Exarch. IIRC, they were all around at the time of The Fall. Although now that I think about it, its possible the Striking Scorpion Pheonix Lord may be newer.

Warp Spiders and Shining Spears are smaller shrines that may not exist on every Craftworld. They may even be newer Aspects entirely. They have powerful exarchs, but they haven't accumulated enough experience to have one Exarch shine as the leader of the entire Shrine. Its possible that some day they might, but they don't need a Pheonix Lord to round out the numbers. Personally, I'd prefer that there are a few smaller Aspect Shrines that don't have Pheonix Lords.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not suggesting that i want them, just wondering. If the pheonix lords established the paths of the warrior then would other eldar just decide to invent there own? and arent they supposed to represet the aspects of khaine, how many aspects can he have?

· Registered
1,920 Posts
blazerox said:
how many aspects can he have?
As much as you can think that deal with the art of war, really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.