Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, first, I'd like to say that this forum's quite good and I'm honoured to be part of it. BUT, somethings missing, I can't understand how it was overlooked: A thread dedicated purely to adoring (well, it's not REALLY adoring as we would probably have to kill each other to do so, but in todays society where cutting someones hair can be considered a crime I believe Khorne can forgive us) the one true lord and throwing insults and, better yet, challenges to the followers of those couple of would-be demi gods: First, the worst one, whose physical manifestation is a wierd looking tucan and believes that he can read time and predict what will happen when, in reality, he can't even tell if it's going to rain the next day. What's the fun playing with an army which can field an average of 16 power dice at 3k pts and can give a dragon a 3+ ward save??? I mean, I have no problem facing that, but an empire army is oficially f.., damn, ok, no swearing...mmm......er......well, I don't know any non-swearing words for this situation so let's just say their chances arent so good. Moving on, I can't stand that little prick who thinks that although being younger, he is at the level of the other gods. Jus cause he's a little smart and brings psycology (kids under 16 probably won't understand what I mean here, but don't worry, in a couple of years you will) to the warhammer universe doesn't make him better. The fact that he is the ruling society consious guy nowadays and, because of HIS idea of what is good society thinks that liking to eat and not being 'fit' is bad has it's negative effect also. Yes, slanesh, I believe is a really lame army to play with. What's better than chaos warriors, chaos warriors inmune to psycology??? Ok boys, march, jus hit what comes into your way. That basically resumes slaneshi strategies in my view. Ok, that's just about it, don't worry, there'll be more insulting another day. And what? Whats the fun in being a follower of Khorne if you can't be grumpy (or maybe I should just content myself with playing dwarfs).
Moving on, Khorne, although it has the strongest miniatures in the game is far from being an easy army to use. OK, you got me, if your opponent is not very strategic like, the odds of winning are in your favor, but an experienced or sneaky (why do wood elfs come to mind?) commander can beat you before you get a chance to cut his head off (or maybe just a limb). A khorne army has one main disadvantage: frenzy. Granted, it's it main advantage also but the fact that you have to try to charge everything you can can be used by the other player and, eventually, you'll just end up throwing dice and your opponent will be deciding your movements. This is the main reason I beagan the thread: to discuss strategies and to teach newcomers (I must admit I am a newcomer to khorne) how to deploy and use different troops to maximise their effectiveness. I will soonly post my army and just try to explain my strategies.

Thanks for reading
Germy
Let the rivers of blood flow, WAAAGHHHHHH (Although some would suggest that that was kinda orky, let me tell you, the original inventor of that delighful yawp was a khorne champion known as Gritscoz and he taught it to a friend ork so that he could use it to show how smart he was and rally various ork clans)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Have fun with your blood. I'll stick with my kinky sex, thanks.

(btw your passage is incredibly hard to read. Try re-formatting a tidbit, I couldn't really bring myself to read it's entirety.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
i liek the idea of not spacing posts out..if soemoen doesnt bother to read them cause they are long then thats not the type of person they were meant for to begin with right?

im a khorne player myself and i like the idea of a khorne only thread...(please look over my spelling mistakes, i broek my hand and am havign a difficult time typing)...im workign on a masive Khorne themed chaos tactica so check back in a day or two for it. i plan on it beging very in depth so prepare for some reading.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of al, fingerbang, may the gods speed your healing (it's more tending to nurgle than to Khorne, but who cares?). And yes, part of the idea was that if anyone wasn't really interested they'd give up. Ok, this is my army, although I'm still on the developing stages:

LORDS & HEROES

Lord of Chaos
Shield, Great weapon
Mark of Khorne, Gaze of the gods, Armour of damnation.
Mounted on a Juggernaut
374 pts

Exalted Champion
Shield
Mark of Khorne, Rending sword
Mounted on a barded chaos steed, Collar of Khorne
216 pts

Exalted Champion
Great weapon, Shield
Mark of Khorne
Mounted on a barded chaos steed
157 pts

Aspiring Champion
Bears the (un)holy battle standard
Mark of Khorne, Enchanted shield, Blade of blood
Mounted on a barded chaos steed
201 pts

CORE

4xChosen Knights
Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Banner of rage
325 pts

2x(5 Knights)
Mark of Khorne, Full command
520 pts

2xChariots
Mark of Khorne
300 pts

SPECIAL

2x(8 Furies)
240 pts

2x(4 Minotaurs)
Mark of Khorne, Champion and Standard bearer.
562 pts

RARE

2x Giants
Mutant Monstrosities
450 pts

My strategy is basically killing everything (Starting with the flanks) I can. On the tactics subject, I usually combine charges: A unit of Minotaurs/Knights with a Giant/Chariot and ALWAYS live something in reserve backing up the combat. I use furies for machine/mage killing (Mages don't usually pose a problem: 13 dispel dice) or, on rare ocassions, I use them as screeners. The characters join different units of knights depending on my opponents army. So, that's about it, I try to keep things simple and the all fast moving element of the army is quite helping I believe. Any critics are more than welcome.

Germy
Let the rivers of blood flow. WAAAGHHHHH
Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I won't directly comment on your list, but I had to say people will not want to play against that.

(also furies are 0-1, so make them a single squad?)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just a comment: when I was 11, I could have fully understood what the psychological effect of Slaanesh was. Not have fully accepted it, maybe, but....

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Germy said:
...and throwing insults and, better yet, challenges to the followers of those couple of would-be demi gods:
It's a free speech forum (more or less), but just be careful what you say. There's a lot of dedicated followers of other armies on this forum who might take offence to you throwing insults at their favourite armies. And believe me, they can give as good as they get!
Germy said:
First, the worst one, whose physical manifestation is a wierd looking tucan and believes that he can read time and predict what will happen when, in reality, he can't even tell if it's going to rain the next day.
So the best insult your can come up with for the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch is to call it a Toucan. I am in awe of your razor sharp wit. :|
If you want to get into fluff, then use the Fluff subforum, but as far as Tzeentch's power goes, he doesn't believe he can read time, he actually can see all possible futures. Plus, he wouldn't just know if it was going to rain the next day, he could make it or stop it raining if he so chose. Although, I think Tzeentch has more important things to be thinking about that the weather. And besides, how do you know Tzeentch can't predict the future?!
Germy said:
What's the fun playing with an army which can field an average of 16 power dice at 3k pts and can give a dragon a 3+ ward save???
Lots of fun in fact, which is why I've won many battles with my Tzeentch force, and even enjoyed those games I didn't win.
Germy said:
Moving on, I can't stand that little prick who thinks that although being younger, he is at the level of the other gods. Jus cause he's a little smart and brings psycology...
Careful mate, watch the language...
Germy said:
My strategy is basically killing everything
Of course it is. There isn't usually much room in a Khorne followers brain for anything else, they aren't the brightest crayons in the box now are they!?...
Germy said:
On the tactics subject, I usually combine charges...
With a picnic? A trip to the Zoo? Or is it half an hour in the adventure playground? :huh:

Finally, where's the insults against Nurgle? Or do you have some sort of allegiance to the green bloated one as well? Some dedicated follower of Khorne you are...

·
Registered
75 Posts
that is a stong list u got goign there..what abotu handling charges from units that have multiple ranks and outnumber liek those pesky bretonian knigths! i find it difficult to take them on and kill enough to win the combat if im charged.

peopel will nto liek playing u because thats a powerful army there that moves really fast..some may call it (whispering) cheesey

but there are many ways to beat your army so if it ever comes up remmeber to recite them!

LONG LIVE THE GOD OF COMPLETE CARNAGE!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look buddy, with total respect, but I can't believe you actually took the trouble to read everything I wrote just to provoke me. I mean, you sound like the people who watch starwars just to complain that in space there's no sound. If I said anything that ofended you I'm sorry (I did suggest that this was for Khorne eyes only), I was just having a little fun. By the way, again, with total respect, but I would suggest that when you see/read someone who you think is saying nonsense just turn away, otherwise your no better than the person your trying to change, theres a little real phycology by the way. Ok, moving on, (no hard feelings buddy?) fingerbang, I'm totally ok with what you said, first of all, although this army may seem full of cheese, a smart general can take it and way more. The reason why I'm doing an all cavalary army is, mainly for financial reasons: Miniatures are hard to get down hear unless your loaded with cash (I live in Argentina) and the fact that I'm not doing so well financially doesn't help either. The fact is, I've been wanting to play for more than two years now and I thought, what the hell, I'll start and maybe I'll continue later on. The all cavalary brought an interesting more khorne like theme though as, with no ranks, my miniatures are either in combat or getting to it.

Again, sorry if anyone took serious my first post and it's (silly i believe) insults
Germy
LET THE RIVERS OF BLOOD FLOW. WAAAAGGGHHHHHH
(By the way, cheese isn't usually an issue down here as its common, for example, to have 4+ cannons in an empire army)

·
Registered
153 Posts
All I was doing was commenting on the Slaanesh comment. I like Khorne, too.
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

·
Registered
75 Posts
night gobos are easy to defend against...but with an all cavalry list u are gunan be held up for a few turns...jsut throw a few untis of wolves twords the night gobos and that will release the fanatic and u wuillonly loose 60 pts whiel he loses 150 for 6 night goblins doing practically nothing. u need to wait for them to collide or roll the doubles tho so that could takle a few turns!

but u do ahve furies right? u coudl fly them over and the ngith gobos would be released to withotu any casulaties right?

yea i emant no disrespct with the cheese comment i wasnt sayin it in a mean way, jsut jokin a little...but hey u live in argentina huh? i have relatives down there outside of buenos ares..im supposed to be visiting there sooner or later i didntknwo they had a GW influence down there

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Germy said:
Look buddy, with total respect, but I can't believe you actually took the trouble to read everything I wrote just to provoke me. I mean, you sound like the people who watch starwars just to complain that in space there's no sound. If I said anything that ofended you I'm sorry (I did suggest that this was for Khorne eyes only), I was just having a little fun.
Gotcha! :w00t: I know you weren't being deliberately offensive, but you wanted to start some banter, so I bantered! Although I thought you'd take the bait and start having a go back, but never mind.

I read and replied to your whole post mainly because I was bored out of my skull at work!
Germy said:
(no hard feelings buddy?)
Of course not. :)

(ps. I actually do like Star Wars, but the movie wouldn't be quite the same if they kept the space bits silent!)

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
fingerbang said:
i opsted the khorne tactica in the main page of the forum if enoen wants to read it

You may not be English but please try to spell correctly, we do have rules against this. If need be write your post in a word processor and get it checked over before posting it here, any more and I will be forced to deal more with it. It takes little effort to look back and correct spellings.

Thank you.

KU

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, let me tell you, if you are a tourist, it's quite a nice place to be in (appart from the fact that everything is usually cheaper, goddam inflation). It's a really nice country, the problem are the people in it, I include myself. Usually it's a doggy dog place to live in and, nowadays, where in kinda a lower than normal standard, but, apart from that, it's really nice (chicks happen to be really nice to). Oh, also, there aren't any GW here to my knowledge, only sort of comic stores that maybe sell miniatures.

Again, trust me, come, your gonna have a good time.
Germy

·
Registered
75 Posts
GQ magazine actually did a little write up a few months ago about Argentina being a new hotspot.

no GW huh? i read soemthigna while back talkign abotu what there future plans were on expanding into SA.

Does neone here use crom in their army and take their khorne as a special choice? my friend bought me a crom character and i dunno what to do with him now..any suggestions? maybe ill just paint him up and use him as an exalted champ

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
I officially became a khornate bezerking, blood thirsty, skull collecting, Village pillaging general this weekend! (the shame, since I never was too hot about khorne, as much of the games I've seen where too tactically unchallenging).

But despite the apearence, I've suprised my opponents as I didn't charge strait forward, turn my units around to avoid my units from getting pulled out and so forth.

I've also been baiting and setting counter charges instead of hoping to break through on the charge.

A quick question, is it me, or any form of chosen are a true waste in a khorne army? they only bring a 3rd attack and 1 point of armour for the price of a marauder model ^_^ (so you know I would rather have the marauder!)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wolf_Pack said:
A quick question, is it me, or any form of chosen are a true waste in a khorne army? they only bring a 3rd attack and 1 point of armour for the price of a marauder model ^_^ (so you know I would rather have the marauder!)
try playing a chosen warrior unit (i partially agree with the knights though)
the extra armour means you have a 4+ save without shield, so you can take a few hits without dropping too many, and also if you use that shield of yours your looking at a lovely 2+ save while still maintaining 3 attacks.

fingerbang said:
night gobos are easy to defend against...but with an all cavalry list u are gunan be held up for a few turns...jsut throw a few untis of wolves twords the night gobos and that will release the fanatic and u wuillonly loose 60 pts whiel he loses 150 for 6 night goblins doing practically nothing. u need to wait for them to collide or roll the doubles tho so that could takle a few turns!
but what happens if they take some bolt throwers too... while your waiting for fanatics to move out of the way your being peppered by nice big bolts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Due to the username I picked, I couldn't help but feel the pull to contribute to this forum.
I couldn't really think of anything to add, so I think I'll just round off my post with this:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD​

1 - 20 of 26 Posts