Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here. I was wondering if someone could post a list of armies (or army lists) that once existed but no longer do. I know of a few- Halflings in fantasy, Chaos Dwarfs in fantasy, and Squats and Zoats both in 40k. Could anyone fill me in on some others?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
it depends how far back you want to go, in the earlier editions of WHFB for example, the lists of races were huge, including things like Gnomes and Fimir and all manner of peculier creatures. Since there have been proper lists though the situation is more or less as it was. The halflings never had their own list, they were part of the Empire army. So the only lists that were complete and now no longer exist are the Chaos Dwarves- and Undead i suppose if you dont recognise VC and Khemri Tomb Kings as proper undead armies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see. I remember the fimir from HeroQuest, but didn't know if they were in WHFB also. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Another lost 40k race are the Space Slann. Back when every fantasy race had a 40k counterpart pretty much. i think GW killed them with the tyranids though (typical).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I'm guessing those are the Slanni pictured in the art of the new rulebook. I wish I had some models of those, space slann would be so cool =P

·
Registered
0 Posts
let me see.....

space elves changed to eldar

oh and Herlequins. Part of eldar but they have no real list. Best you can do is from WD or other
things. Also GW have rules for them on their website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts