Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my first round of IG. We still have fairly small games. 400 points is all. I could have more but he couldn't. I just got destroyed by his autocannon's and heavy bolters. I wasn't allowed to use Deep Strike and that may have been a HUGE part. I was wondering who people like to go up against as DH and who is toughest.

BTW - Sorry if I post too much! :huh:

·
Registered
735 Posts
ORKS, is the toughest cuz we is green an mean...

WAAAGH!

Warlord Hakbash

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, first, GK Terminators and Fast Attack can *ALWAYS* deep strike, regardless of whatever rules the scenario call for. As a GK player I always insist on that, even if I don't plan to use my terminators in a Deep Strike role. It is an option you get, before the battle, to help keep your army flexible.

Second, 400 points is, unfortunately, very difficult for a pure GK army. You get 2 5-man squads and a GK hero with minimum retinue (14 men total). It will likely get wiped out really early against any shooty army because in order to do anything you must close in (especially if you're just playing a stright-up fight and not a scenario)

As far as my favorite opponents...

Tau. I can beat them in shooting if I take a shooty GK army (shrouding is wonderful) and can beat them in CC if I can get in/Deep strike close.

CC Chaos. Beat them up as they approach, then match them in CC. Helps if you can charge them, though so you go first (most chaos CC armies take furious charge, or whatever it is that gives +1 I on the charge) if you've got your hero with sacred incense in the battle.

Space Wolves. Ha! These puppies wish they could be like GK. They fall short in every way.. much like CC oriented chaos except I can't use any of my nifty wargear so I just take more troops to shoot with. In 5 battles I have never lost to a space wolf player. Burn the corrupted heretics!

Least favorite:

Necrons w/monolith. I have a hard enough time killing predators, and you want me to kill this AV 14 cuisinart monster that can automatically shoot at every one of my units within 12" and costs less than a Land Raider? Good grief...

Dark Eldar. I only played one game against them (so maybe it biased me), and the scenario was breakout with me trying to contain him.. so the scenario was mucho in his favor. Still, his wyches went through my GK like warm butter and before I could even strike back. <shudder> I thought GK were good in CC....

Other:
I have never fought Tyranids or Orks. I am thinking GK should be able to do well against them, however. Depending on the armies, of course.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's very interesting what you say about Space Wolves! I've heard that they are very good! In fact I've heard that they are incredibly good! Almost unstoppably good!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, Daemonhunters will wipe the floor with Tau 90% of the time cause of freakin' Shrouding. I HATE SHROUDING SO F!*^&%$ MUCH!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure you do. The max you would be able to shoot is 56" I think. An average roll is between 27" - 36". That hurts a lot of stuff! I can't wait. My friend is buyin a basilisk for IG force...haha...120", I don't think so!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don't get me wrong, SW are good, but they seem to play right into the strengths of GK. SW are really a CC army, but without a lot of the fancy mutations and marks and stuff that Chaos get, and not as high an I as DE.

Standard GK basically have 2 S6 CC attacks.
Standard CC SW have 2 S4 CC attacks.

Same saves

Standard GK have storm bolters (24", 2 shots)
Standard CC SW have bolt pistols (12" one shot)

I'm not sure about the I of SW, but I'm pretty sure it is the same as GK.

So, SW are basically GK wannabes. :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
No, they're Grey Knights Lite™. Most of the starch for half the points! Or a little more than half. Diferent special rules, too.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ya, SW are to GK what marines (Starcraft) are to Golaiths. Trust me, I'm weird, but I know my comparisons.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by dvang@Sep 10 2003, 15:47

Dark Eldar. I only played one game against them (so maybe it biased me), and the scenario was breakout with me trying to contain him.. so the scenario was mucho in his favor. Still, his wyches went through my GK like warm butter and before I could even strike back. <shudder> I thought GK were good in CC....

Other:
I have never fought Tyranids or Orks. I am thinking GK should be able to do well against them, however. Depending on the armies, of course.

could it have to do with the DE WIches are so bad in closecombat (after my experianse with them they can wipe anybody in cc) also a DH army will always lose to a dark Elder army he the dark elder uses the tricky evilish deepstrike with a scourge that has webway portal (deep strike) down behind enimy lines get your troops out and hes as good as dead!!! (like the combination of scourges and wiches that comes out of the webway portal and charges the enemy)

soooo bad

never lost to a DH army with my smalkl but deadly army of DE

but if a tyranid army is build up good, you wont stand a chance against them, they just come on charging you all the time, not so fun for a army thats based on the shooting, hate thoes tryanids when they charge their 12 inches!!! ARK

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well ive only played about 2 games but im really starting to hate the tau. Even With the shrouding the lack of anti-tank and that gay Death or glory rule ( i have the hardest time killing his gay tanks). PLus he always does the most tactical( i call so fricken cruel and mean) Killed my Hero with retinue with terms By shooting all 6 railguns and flinging all his gay plasma rifles at me. Even when i did deepstrike i didnt inflict enouph caualties on his guys to make a difference cuase n his turn he just blew hem away to a man. :angry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
:( forgot to add the stormtroopers are only target practice for his army. I almost feel like crap so much i feel like switching to necrons so i can get the wwb roll :unsure: at least if they die from a rail gun here comes along my necron lord to revive them.

But againts another friends army we did a small 1000 point game and i owned him, all though my storm troops were still chewed up before they hurt him that much. He was thousand sons so pretty much he died even worse than the tau in close combat. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by LunerWolves@Sep 25 2003, 00:33
Well ive only played about 2 games but im really starting to hate the tau. Even With the shrouding the lack of anti-tank and that gay Death or glory rule ( i have the hardest time killing his gay tanks). PLus he always does the most tactical( i call so fricken cruel and mean)
I find that tau are one of the weakest armies in 40k and if your using a deamon hunters army it should be a piece of ***** to destroy pathetic tau !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brother plays tau and we played a couple of battles, I take a inquistor with a psycannon with 3 gun-servitors with 2 heavybolters and a Plasma cannon also take 2 sages; aim at a firewarrior sqaud, it can kill or mortally cripple them. With a plasma cannon for heavy duty

I love the stupid guardsmen for taking the hits for my greynights. They practilly ensure that they can reach the enemy's battle line almost entact

Kroot arnt much a problem for grey nights u can kill them with storm bolters or massacre them in combat

·
Registered
222 Posts
i dont really like playing against space marines and necrons. they're (i wouldnt say bland) but everyone plays marines. its refreshing to see someone play orks, dark eldar or sisters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.