Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VS chaos
what options do you suggest for taking out a landraider with twin lascannons and a squad of embarked terminators in games 1000-1500?

i see the best option as a big trakk with supa-kannon, but i need advice for more formal games where imperial armor rules are not accepted.

some of the things i have thought about:
supa-kannon big trakk (imperial armor)
this would provide awesome long range support for an ork army but is easy to crack open and is IE rule, so in friendly games but not formal games

nob squad
eqiup it with some powerklaws and put them in a battlewagon, but the flaws are that they are expensive, the landraider can break the wagon fairly easy, the klaws can only glance the landraider to destruction, the terminators inside would then also kill the remaining nobz after the landraider is down, and nobz are expensive, more expensive than termies if you give them a klaw.

nob bikers
would be good but are incredibly expensive and you still have that str 8 hit which can only glance Lraiders.

meganobz
same situation as the nobz

mek with shokkattack gun
unreliable but could maybe work

mek with mega blasta
cheapest but is very vulnerable and might get hot and still only glance

tankbustaz
single shot rokkitz that only glance at best, tankhammers are more effective with their str 10, but the problem is getting these guys close enough, but the nob can get a PK so some glance weapons and two rather reliable weapons, but the glory hog rule makes them a bit unreliable

battlewagon with zzapkannon
again, the weapon is unreliable and most chaos units can cut through its armor like paper in CC.

your thoughts?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know anything about IA units but by far my favorite ways to deal with land raiders are:

1. Battlewagons with deff rollas. I have one right now and will be moving up to two or three soonish.

2. Warbosses w/ Power Klaws. Any version will do (biker, megaboss, normal, character). This again provides a quantity of S10 attacks.

3. Nobz w/ Power Klaws. Any variant. Remember that with furious charge and a power klaw it's x 2 strength then + 1 S, meaning Nobz are S9 on the charge (unless stuff changed w/ 6th that I'm not familiar with).

These are, more or less, the best way to pop land raiders as Orks. As for the terminators inside, you simply have to bog them down, saturation is key. The more saves they roll, the more ones that show up >:3.

Your other presented ideas *can* work but usually relying on any Ork gunz with one shot (blast or otherwise) tend to be a crapshoot (thought it's great when something like Rokkits blow up a big vehicle :p)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use a Trukk with 11 boyz 1 Nob with PK. Boarding Ramp and maybe Wrecking Ball if got the points. While the opponent focuses on the Battlewagons the Trukk blasts forwards to pound Raider. Not the most foolproof plan ever constructed but it works every now and then.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
A deffrolla is the best anti-armour option we have. Biker Nobz can Crack it open with their S9 charges.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ignore them. I'm not particularly worried about two lasannons and a few assault cannon shots. It's not worth the resources to try and blowup, especially risking something as expensive as Nobs. The terminators on the other hand I'll focus fire with 30 Boyz x2 w/Shoota When they disembark.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Agree. In lower point games, your opponent is sacrificing nearly 1/3 to 1/2 his army on 1 vehicle + terminators. Ignore it. With the 6th edition missions primarily being around objectives, having a land raider in such a low point game is just handicapping his forces.

With that said...you don't have to pen a LR any more to kill it. You just have to glance it a bunch. (which is less hard then you think).

In terms of ranged shennigans...weird boys, SAG big mek, and big gun batteries are fun.

You could always be "that guy" and spend 300-400 points on a allied tau detachment and run 3 broadsides with a commander that allows for split fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts