Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Take a look at page 31 in Codex Daemonhunters, there you'll find the rules and how they work

·
Registered
442 Posts
They're really pretty much the same versus vehicles.

Lance strike needs a 4+ on 1d6 to glance or better an AV14 vehicle
Melta strike needs a 6+ on 2d6 to glance or better an AV14 vehicle

The lance strike can insta-kill T5 critters and costs 10 points less. Me, I'd go with the Lance Strike.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Originally posted by dvang@Jun 13 2003, 15:52
They're really pretty much the same versus vehicles.

Lance strike needs a 4+ on 1d6 to glance or better an AV14 vehicle
Melta strike needs a 6+ on 2d6 to glance or better an AV14 vehicle

The lance strike can insta-kill T5 critters and costs 10 points less. Me, I'd go with the Lance Strike.
that means theres a 50 50 chance for the first one,

BUT the average roll on 2d6 is 7 (there is most chance beacause there is more dice combos that = 7 than any thing else) so it will usually penetrate!

1 + 6 =7
2 + 5 = 7
3 + 4 = 7
4 + 3 = 7
5 + 2 = 7
6 + 1 = 7

Thats 6 Combos for 7

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sure, odds are more in favor of penetrating with the extra d6. The question becomes is it worth the extra 10 pts? It depends on how many AV14 tanks you're going up against. Possibly. Certainly if I was up against a tank heavy opponent I would probably take a melta strike, or at least seriously consider it. But, for general purpose use against all armies, a Lance Strike works almost as well vs vehicles, can insta-kill the rare T5 enemies, and gives me an extra 10 points to put towards other things.

·
850 Posts
I'm not an expert on this, but after you use the orbital strike won'tthen be pointless b/c after u use it once your opponent is going to ignore the little sector that the orbital strike is pounding on? But I would use the Lance Strike though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.