Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havent been playing all that long keep getting spanked by my mates wood elf army in 2000 point battles, he just keep most of his units characters in forests and tree sings towards any suggestions on how to cope with this :?

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
havent been playing all that long keep getting spanked by my mates wood elf army in 2000 point battles, he just keep most of his units characters in forests and tree sings towards any suggestions on how to cope with this :?
Trees don't help against stone throwers/doom divers or magic. There are several nasty spells (d6s5) that will crunch elves. Squig squads of skirmishers are also nasty. 3d6 movement, they are ItPsychology and eat elves for breakfast.

Give us a little more info about his army and yours and I can probably come up with some more ideas.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah sounds like squig herds would help.

another thing to keep in mind is putting snotlings in woods. Reason to do this include...

1. can't sing the woods to a new spot with snots in it.
2. mulitple wounds so harder to kill
3. cheap per wound so when they use the spell to cuase damag your really not loosing much.

I would think that the Doom Divers would do well because they cause d6 hits against skirmishers and don't use templats. Meaning you will likely get more hits than if using a stone thrower.

WE are hard though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive been playing with quite a few different lists just to test what good and bad about the army so i donty have a final one yet. Heres what i can choose from at the mo....
grimgor
skarsnik
night gob shamans(of which i have 3)
night gob boss on great cave squid
night gob boss(of which i have 3)
40 night gob spearmen
20 n/gob archers
9 fanatics
38 orc boyz
10 wolf riders
10 spider riders
20 black orcs
6 squig hoppers
2 squig herds
wolf chariot
boar chariot
rock lobber
giant
pump wagon
doom diver
would really appreciate any suggestions on what to pick and what areas you would strengthen :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah wood elfs kick serious arse they are so bloody quick my mate has just informed me that he has added warhawk riders to the mix as well i think about 6 of so he is going to have alot of maneuverability plus i dont know what those things do!! :0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoops

i dont exact numbers but he tends to take a unit of waywatchers, a unit of about 20 eternal guard,20 archers, driads, i think he uses a spellsinger as his general, oh and the formidably hard wardancers of which he has 16ish of normally has 2 units of 8.as i just mentioned aswell he now has warhark riders aswell. he likes using a small group of scouts only 5 strong but i thinmk he has just been using htem as a diversion

·
Registered
385 Posts
Warhawk Riders are one of the less scary Wood Elf units, since they're fragile for the points cost and don't hit that hard.

Warhawk Riders are generally used for:
- Marchblocking
- Mage-hunting (as they can fly into combat, then retreat afterwards without you chasing them).
- Warmachine hunting

I'd probably even say that you should be happy he's taking those than another unit of Glade Riders, which do most (but not all) things better than Warhawks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.