Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potentially goofy question.

Two situations, I want to see if I'm correct in my interpretations of them. I don't have the rulebook handy at the moment though.

1.) Whirlwind fires its GXX' ordnance barrage at an opponent. Shot scatters beyond whirlwind's maximum range. Shot is wasted.

2.) Leman Russ fires its plain old ordinary ordnance weapon at enemy squad, template scatters out of range, shot is not wasted.

On issue 1. I've heard that in fact an ordnance barrage can exceed its distance in scatter, but cannot be initially targetted on anything beyond its maximum range.

On issue 2, I've heard a complimentary argument that the shot is wasted if it scatters out of the maximum range.

So which is it?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
As long as the first placement is in range, it can scatter outside of it.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
There's a paragraph about it in the FAQ for the main rulebook. Handy reference to have around, as people will try to tell you that even though it can scatter out of range/LOS it won't be able to actually kill the models it hits. (Not true as per FAQ)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.