Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've always done it that you declare the target then measure 24". If they are out of range the run can't fire. If they are within 24 roll the artil. die, the number is the # of hits, roll to wound, get win.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and you get to reroll the artillery dice if you want to try for more shots? providing u didnt missfire. And the maximum shots you could get is 10 right? you dont get to stack multiple artillery dice rolls like the Hellfire Volley Gun.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The organ gun has an range of 24'' you roll the artillery dice if you score any hits(except misfire!) you van reroll it. lets say you roll 2 first time, ofcourse youre gonna reroll it, if you throw a misfire on the reroll the shot just doesn't count. Strength 5(-3 AS,armourpiercing)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Organ 24" S5 Armor Piercing, Artillery dice Auto Hit.
You declare that you are using your organ gun against an enemy unit.
You roll the artillery dice. Then! Measure the distance, so if the distance is greater than 24" the shots are wasted.

The number on the artillery dice is the number of shots that hits the target. You do not roll to hit again. Just roll to wound.
Artillery Dice reroll:
You may get to reroll your artillery dice if the roll is not misfire.
If the first roll is misfire consult to misfire chart.
If the second roll is misfire no shots are fired, you may continue to shoot next turn.
As a rule of thumb. Reroll results of 2 and 4 on artillery dice.

Example1. A unit of blackguards ahead.
You declare to shoot at them.
Roll Artillery dice = 8, 8>4 keep it.
Measure the distance Distance<24" cool, roll 8 to wound rolls.

Example2. A unit of blackguards ahead.
Roll Artillery dice = 4, 4=4 reroll it.
ReRoll Artillery dice=4, sorry you have to keep it
MEasure the distance Distance<24" cool, roll 4 to wound rolls.

Example3. A unit of blackguards ahead.
Roll Artillery dice = 10 nice! keep it
Measure the distance Distance>24" bad distance guess, shots are wasted, are you a dwarf or what? how come you may not guess distance to a fraction of an inch!

Example4. A unit of blackguards ahead.
Roll Artillery dice = misfire, sorry you can not reroll it, cross your fingers for misfire roll!

Example5. A unit of blackguards ahead.
Roll Artillery dice = 2, reroll.
ReRoll Artillery dice: misfire! Sorry this turn organ gun decided to sleep. Try your chance next turn.

Yes, i like to shoot at blackguards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would like to clear a potential misunderstanding,
MY organgun's main duty is to protect the flanks of dwarf regiments. So after i clear and protect my regiments, or after they have nothing else to do, i use my organ gun to clear enemy regiments.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well its a pwnage against every enemy with toughnes 3 or lower :soldier: I rather use one organ gun in my army and 1 gyrecoper because i think 2 organ guns just isn't fun anymore:p

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've always done it that you declare the target then measure 24". If they are out of range the run can't fire. If they are within 24 roll the artil. die, the number is the # of hits, roll to wound, get win.
Actually, you roll to hit, even when its out of range. You cant just say, I want to shoot at that unit, measure the distance, and then dont shoot because they're out of range.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Actually, you roll to hit, even when its out of range. You cant just say, I want to shoot at that unit, measure the distance, and then dont shoot because they're out of range.
Um, that's exactly what happens. The process is:

• Nominate target
  • check range
  • if in range roll to hit, if out of range the unit does not fire

The fact that you nominate a unit means that the unit may not fire at another unit, but if the target is out of range then no roll ti hit is made. It is simply out of range and may not fire.

Kuffy

·
Registered
404 Posts
Um, that's exactly what happens. The process is:

• Nominate target
  • check range
  • if in range roll to hit, if out of range the unit does not fire

The fact that you nominate a unit means that the unit may not fire at another unit, but if the target is out of range then no roll ti hit is made. It is simply out of range and may not fire.

Kuffy
When I wrote the other post, I werent at home, and could therefor not check my army book. Something was bothering me, so when I got home, I looked up the rules for the Organ. And, you're probably right anyway, but it actually says: Roll the Artillery dice and then measure the range. Is this just for the purpose of not having to roll the dice after you've measured, because if not, if would seem to me like you in fact do shoot, everytime you declares a target with it....?

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I wrote the other post, I werent at home, and could therefor not check my army book. Something was bothering me, so when I got home, I looked up the rules for the Organ. And, you're probably right anyway, but it actually says: Roll the Artillery dice and then measure the range. Is this just for the purpose of not having to roll the dice after you've measured, because if not, if would seem to me like you in fact do shoot, everytime you declares a target with it....?
What you have deducted is correct, roll the artillery dice then measure the distance.

Semi related Trivia,
In warhammer fantasy world, gunpowder and bullets are expensive (4g is a good income for a man, 20 shots powder is 10 gold ;compare, and organ gun's gunpowder and bullets are very very expensive :D), if the shots are wasted because you are out of range, think how much money you have wasted for that shots, and the scolding you get when you return home. You are not shooting bullets but gold :D.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Alrik - If that what the army book says, then that is the case and I am wrong. I was going by the usual shooting rules, but if the rules of the organ gun sates that you roll first, and then check the range. Than that is what you do. Sorry for the confusion.

Kuffy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts