Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i don't like ork vehicles so please can you base your advice around infantry/support weapons. Thanks.

Weirdboy - 85
+ warp head

Weirdboy - 85
+ warp head

15 lootas - 225

10 tankbustas - 165
+ 3 bomb squigs

30 boyz - 215
+ Nob and Power klaw

30 boyz - 215
+ Nob and Power klaw

10 Storm boyz - 145
+ Nob and Power klaw

10 Storm boyz - 145
+Nob and Power klaw

3 Zap guns - 108
+ 6 Grot krew

3 Zap guns - 108
+ 6 Grot krew

131 infantry, 6 zap guns

Basically i will set up a fire base with the lootas and zap guns, the enemy will either shoot them allowing my combat troops some freedom or allow me to soften em up a bit with some ORKY FIRE POWER!!!, they should be able to take some fire due to increased numbers of grotz and the large squad of lootas as well as my plan to shove them in cover.
The weird boyz will advance with the boys hopefully with a good effect of randomness.
The tankbustas will hopefully take some fire away from the boys by advancing through cover and clearing any power armoured foes and vehicles.
The 2 squads of stormboys will flank the enemy, 1 on either side and attempt to harass the enemy quickly.

Basically i was wondering what you guys though of it as an army and tactic.

·
124 Posts
Your list is solid. One thing you might want to consider is target priority tests. Your gretchen's have Ld 5, odds are you are going to fail. you only have a 27% chance to aim at a target, which is not closest to you. Adding a Runtherd increases their Ld to 7, which would increase your success rate to 58%.

Statistically Kannon's are more favorable (odds are you will roll a 7 for the zzap gun's strength) versus the str 8 of the Kannon. That same random nature is also why Zzap gun's are so fun (and its nice to shake a vehicle when you glance and only blow off a weapon)

I forgot to mention this but the Rutherd would also help with the inevitable morale checks with the gretchens as well. All a player has to do is kill 3 gretchens and you have a 28% to route the entire squad (without runtherd).

This is all conjecture as I have never used weapon's batteries for the orks.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Eh...

I know you hate ork vehicles, but those tankbustas aren't going to do much good on foot. Not only are they going to be a fire magnet, but the fact they have to fire at a vehicle if they can see one, means that they could very well spend every turn shooting at a tank 60in away, while a unit of powerful assault troops bear down on them. Honestly, if you aren't going to give them a transport, I wouldn't use them at all.

Also, those units of boyz need special weapons. Either big shootas or rokkits will help your list a lot, but without them, they aren't going to help you at all for at least half the game, if not all of it.

As for the rest of the list, it's different than what I'd normally play, not so much in units, but in proportions. My knee jerk reaction is to suggest changing them, but without much experience with units of these sizes, I really can't say. Oh well, here's my 2 cents anyway:

1. I'd increase the storm boy units to 13-15 at least. 10 won't last very long.

2. I think you're overspending on the big gunz units. I like big guns, but I usually run them individually, so my opponent overlooks them. At 20 points a piece for kannons, you can field three heavy choices for 60 points. Sure, they'll die quickly, but who cares? Also, they'll probably die quickly in any case, especially if you load them up with extras, as they'll become a more tempting target for your opponent. Also, I agree with jecjackal, kannons are cheap and effective. Zzzap guns are expensive and random.

3. I'd add at least one more unit of boyz (preferably shoota). To make up the points, I'd cut down the other two units. Honestly, three units of 20-25 boyz will serve you a lot better than 2 units of 30. From experience, if something is going to seriously threaten your boyz, it doesn't really matter if there's 20 or 30 of them, they're dead in either case. Likewise, if your opponent is trying to shoot them down, 20-25 lasts just about as long as 30 does. Just my opinion, but I wiped out a full 30 man team of boyz with a single unit of 10 burna boyz (transported in a battlewagon) in a SINGLE TURN. Now, if those boyz had rokkits to fire at my transport, my burnas may never had made it there (hint, hint). ^_^

4. 15 lootas seem like a lot to me, as I never take more than 10. If you already have a lot of lootas, then you might want to split them into two units, either 10 and 5, or if you have some boyz/meks with big shootas, you can do what I do, and field 2 units of 7 Lootas + 3 Meks w/big shootas.

Again, these last few points are just my opinion. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree with me (especially the part about the lootas), so try things out and decide what works best for you.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts