Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering which are the best ways to use battlewagons in 6e.
So, what upgrades and weapons do you buy for them and what units are the best to transport?
Thanks,
Annubix

·
Registered
111 Posts
Always give them Deffrolla's unless they're being used as Loota Bunkers, and never get them an 'Ard Case. The former is an excellent AT weapon and the latter means you can charge after exiting your vehicle, which combined with AV14 and 20 transport capacity, is outrageously excellent in 6th. Don't bother with Kannons or Killkannons generally, they suffer from the terrible BS of Orks will costing the same as duplicate weapons from other Codex's, and they rarely kill anything thanks to the poor BS.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have only used mine once so far, but I took a deffrolla, kannon, and big shoota. I had a squad of burnas with one mek, and an attached big mek with Kff in it. The plan was to drive and roast things. It worked, and if I wasn't stupid with the facing, it would have lasted longer. With the two meks you should regenerate a hp per turn, so you only have to worry about one shots the most, and the Kff helps with that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The best units to transport in a battlewagon I believe are either nobz, meganobz, or burna boyz. You kit out the battlewagon for whichever you want it to do. I have found that the 5 meganobz and warboss in mega armour all with a combi/rokkit launcher is great inside a battlewagon. Don't forget you can't overwatch with mega armoured nobz though. So if you want that ability then i'd take 5 nobz with kombi/rokkit launchers and 'eavy armour same for the warboss. It's really up to what you want to do because they can fulfill virtually any roll. Oh and don't forget a couple of power klaws with the nobz if you choose to go the non-mega armour way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been having issues with my BW list....

The biggest issue is that when my BW Explodes/Destroyed my 20 Shoota/Slugga Boyz end up getting chewed up with the new S4 hit against them! I of course have thought about putting Heavy armour on them to get the 4+, but it seems like a big expense...

This said, I stopped using the MB with KFF to get the now 5+. With the new rules for vehicle cover, I thought the cost for a KFF is too high for a 1/3 chance to avoide being hit. Also there are a lot of units that just avoide my cover/KFF saves anyway...

So perhaps I should be looking at taking MANz in my BW instead? This would give them a 2+ to avoide the explosion...

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Yeah, battlewagons aren't as good for boyz any more, and honestly, I don't think they were ever good for lootas. The best passengers for battlewagons are Meganobz and burna boyz. Sluggas with the 'ard boyz option aren't bad either, although they're expensive for what they do.

I use a kannon as their main gun, mainly for its frag shot, but it's also an okay anti-tank shot if you really need it (yes, it probably won't hit, but what the hell, it's dirt cheap).

Other than that, a deffrolla and grot riggers are the best options. Armor plates and boarding planks (if the passengers have a powerklaw) are also alright, but are not absolutely necessary.

·
575 Posts
I use a kannon as their main gun, mainly for its frag shot, but it's also an okay anti-tank shot if you really need it (yes, it probably won't hit, but what the hell, it's dirt cheap).
Heck, yeah. It's as cheap (or expensive) as a Rokkit Launcha but has 50% more range and the option to shoot frag. Bit of a bummer that the Scorcha option from the previous codex vanished (wasn't that effective but fun as hell)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like to run 3 Wagons and 3 Trukks for target saturation. Wagons have Deffrollas plus Kannons and Big Shootas, grotriggers, & armor plates. Trukks have Rams. I put 20 Boyz in two wagons and burnas in the third, I put 12 Boyz in the Trukks. I haven't missed having a PK Nob... at least not yet. They die in challenges like crazy, and I hate to give Chaos players a roll on the boon table. I use Ruins for a 4+ cover save on my wagons, never relying on a KFF anymore.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
New snapshot rules let the gunwagon actually have a blast. You can load up a BW with guns, and actually fire them now. It's crazy orky to fly the BW around at 13 inches (with red paint), spraying bullets everywhere! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

You can throw in a few mekboys with some loota's, add some grot riggers, and basically heal the BW like people do in battlefield 2/3 in the blackhawk. (grot riggers/meks repair hull points now)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts