Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I really dislike the old buggy and wartrakk models, but do like the image of speeding orks with big guns.. ;Y

So I´m thinking of using the new bike kits into building trikes. Anyone tried that or have any tips?

·
166 Posts
Warhammer 40,000 - Orks

This is a trike converted by the guys at GW (bottom of the page). I don't have any idea how it's done, but maybe it can give you a little inspiration. It says that it's done with bitz from the warbiker sprue, so maybe that's all you need...

·
650 Posts
I think a Trukk kit would provide much of the needed pieces:

Frames, axels, 4 fat tires, 2 regular tires, all kinds of plates, engine parts.

Driver that could be covered to manning a gun. An additional gunner already.

Damn I like this idea, think I know how to make my buggies. Should get 3 buggied from 1 bike kit (3 bikes) and 1 trukk kit. You will need 1 extra Boy for the third gunner.

Only thing missing straight out of the kit would be rokkits, but you will have plenty of big shootas. Just make some missle cone attachments for the shootas and you would have decent rokkits.

Sounds like something I am going to do!!!

Looked up retail prices
...Buggies $25 each so for 3 that $75
...Trukk $30 + bikes (3) $35 enough bits to make 3 trike-style buggies $65 + needing 1 boy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Torden, that´s a great idea! Didn´t think about the trukk kit, but now that you say it, I guess 3 bikes and 1 trukk would give you 3 pretty cool war trikes! :p

I have lots of storm boy rokkit packs to use for building large rokkit launchas as well..

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was thinking of having buggies in my army... And i love the idea of the trukk, it would also leave you with lots of spare trukk bits for looted wagons, The only concern i have is, will it be to big?

Buggies should be relativly small, with only enough space for a driver and gunner, the trukk may be to large. anyways good idea :)

·
650 Posts
I built my first two (hopefully pics to come)...

First I took the bike with the tank tred rear "wheel" and attached the parts of the trukk axle right after both bends. I then put large wheels on the back.

Next I put the trukk driver up on the back portion cutting off the upper part of the bars and put on the gun suspension of a loota and will be converting it to 4 barrels using metal tubing, large enough to look like rocket launchers.

Final size is length of a normal bike and rear wheel base of about 3".

Second project was Wazdakka - since there is really no good description of the bike of the apokolapse, I desided to make a mean mo-fo...

Front end it the standard bike (cut off the back wheel and about 1/2" of the back portion) with a double-barrel gun mounted between the skull face and front wheel. The back end is the front of the trukk to include the front wheel and kickin' motor. Wazdakka himself I made his kustum-blasta to have the blades from the power claw so he could steer with his left hand. I added the bosspole+tool to his back. I used the trukk ram trimmed down a bit on the sides to strangthen between the bike and trukk parts. Added a couple more pieces to make it look a bit more sturdy.

My last buggy will be a bit different in that I will be adding the gunner from the trukk (and his circular stand) as a side-car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.