Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know how people go about painting the clothes on their orks. Is your army unified, everyone different, different colours for every squad? And most importantly what colours do you use. I'm at a bit of an impass with my boyz right now, and though I've got their flesh and weaponry down pat, I still can"t decide what colors clothing should be.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The obvious answer is to pick something contrasting to the skin, so a dark colour like black or brown. However, you could also model squads along clan line e.g. slugga squads painted as Goffs, lootas as Deathskulls, that sort of thing.

Apart from that, the only thing I can say is to experiment yourself, and go with whatever grabs you.

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats more or less what I figured, just wanted to see what others have done before me. Take counsel from the ancients and such.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My orks are blood axes, so I paint them camo.
Basecoat bestial brown highlight in 3 steps to snakebite leather, ans with green stripes (dark angels green highlight snot green).

The catch is that I play in a cityfight environment, and only my kommandos have grey urban camo (they're the only ones to have it right! :w00t: )

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AKM said:
My orks are blood axes, so I paint them camo.
Basecoat bestial brown highlight in 3 steps to snakebite leather, ans with green stripes (dark angels green highlight snot green).

The catch is that I play in a cityfight environment, and only my kommandos have grey urban camo (they're the only ones to have it right! :w00t: )
lol, sounds about right. I'm still I'm thinking of something close to dethskullz but I havent fully decided yet.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I undercoat my guys black, then make two colours: brown and grey. I drybrush thes over the black, first a brown ork, then a grey ork, so my army is half wearing drab grey and half wearing drab brown. I then pick out the details, then put alot of effort into the flesh and weapons. This creates an effect that's easy to paint, with very understated clothes and the green being the focal point of the model, But if anyone looks closely they see they aren't wearing the the same colour. My guys have orange and white as their clan colours so I use these for armbands etc. It works pretty good I think.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I find its easier to keep each mob painted slightly different but staying uniform at the same time. I use my blue orks where everyone has Fortess grey pants, the armor on bodies are all dry brushed with bolt gun metal. Then the actual clothing tops are different.
Ard boys-green
Storm boys-Regal blue
Tank Bustas-Enchanted blue
Burna boys-purple
i use a came them with space wolf blue and chaos black to make them all uniform. i'm workign on getting the digi cam up and running so i can actually have picture for once.

·
706 Posts
My orks are Blood Axes, so EVERY single ork is painted differently. they all are painted in very terrible camo colors, so every ork has their own personality. the only unit in my army with what can be called camoflague are my kommandos who are unified!

·
Registered
59 Posts
be unique try painting their clothe hot pink, and modle tu-tu's on them. that ought to get a laugh and some shock value to ya.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
hot pink orks! bad form. i would prefer orks in klits myself

·
907 Posts
MouseC112 said:
i would prefer orks in klits myself
Hey now THAT is a good idea... But all of my orks are pretty plain, they're in dirty brown and black leather/rags. Nobody gets any cool colors except for da Nobz, vehicles and of course, da Boss.
Kind of an intelligence indicator, the only ones smart enough to accessorize their clothing are the obvious leaders. :wacko:
Makes it easier to find the important model at the bottom of the ork bucket, too!

·
Registered
285 Posts
My colors are.. like just random really.. there tends to be alot of black, but EVERY modle has some blue on him! :D

·
706 Posts
i recently changed my army up a bit, now all of my orks are unified! just the way a blood axe army should be! they all have black knickers, a gray shirt, and they all have blue paint on them somewhere.(so i can us them as deathskulls too if i want to)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That would be amazing--having orks in little pink tu-tus, and with huge chainsaws. How could a space marine live with himself after being slayed by an ork ballerina?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bruiser117 said:
That would be amazing--having orks in little pink tu-tus, and with huge chainsaws. How could a space marine live with himself after being slayed by an ork ballerina?
Without their head, presumably ;)

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
as hilarious as the mental image of orks in pink tuts is, I think i'll pass on them for now. My boyz take themselves fairly seriously (as serious as any orks really are anyway) Still haven't relly figured anything out yet... Ah well, keep em coming, it's fun just seeing what others have done.

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going for my own style of clan, likely freebooters but with several of the group coming from The dethskullz, I might yet play a lootaz force but I havent fully decided yet. (since i currently have have only a few models)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts