Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you turbo-boost during your scout movement? The scout special rule reads "any scouts may make a normal move." I'm thinking normal rules out turbo-boosters, but i want to make sure because it would be pretty ridiculous to have my deffkoptas shooting at rear armor turn 1.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Can you turbo-boost during your scout movement? The scout special rule reads "any scouts may make a normal move." I'm thinking normal rules out turbo-boosters, but i want to make sure because it would be pretty ridiculous to have my deffkoptas shooting at rear armor turn 1.
Specifically read the Warhamer 40,000 Errata and FAQs, page1 question 4.

As to gaining a cover save from Turbo Boosting, I would say no since its before the turn phases of the game

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
This whole debate is also going down over at 40K Online in the rules forum and they are far stricter in their interpretations than any of us here.

Since I am part of that also I will keep you informed as to how it all pans out.

·
1,648 Posts
-reads the thread-

Ohhhhhhh, interesting. After reading their points and going over the codex again I change my mind.

My bad, I concede. Turbo-boosting deffkoptas would definitely get a save.

It's skimmers moving flat-out that wouldn't get the save.

Sorry I confused the two. I blame the wording of rules. XD

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
And that linked thread from post 8 got locked.

This is no surprise as on 40K Online when something can’t be resolved, they just don’t allow banter for more than 2 pages like they do here.

The main problem that I see with combining ALL the Turbo Boost ruling with the Scout rule is when the owning player goes first.

So when we have the following situation of –
• You deploying with Turbo + Scout along with your opponent,
• Then you get the first turn and move the Scouts normally.
• In the opponent’s turn does he have to deal with a cover save on the Turbo Scouts?

This calls into question what is the meaning of the ‘following enemy shooting phase.’ In the above example the ‘following enemy shooting’ phase has separated from its instigation by your complete first turn – so it now longer really ‘follows.’

I am also fully aware that RAW allows the combining of Turbo with Scout and in this case the law is an ass.

My interpretation of this would be that you combine all the Scout rules with only the movement benefits of Turbo because claiming a cover save in all instances is ridiculous.

Again, to claim a rule is valid it must break no other rule, so it seems to be a good compromise.

And I believe that Alessio has dropped the ball on this just like with the Reserves and Tank Shock combinations. In game rules do not seem to blend well with deployment ones.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.