Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive decided to start with the green horde but am a bit lost, and was hoping some veteren orky people could give me some ideas.

What I'd like to do is an army that is good fun to play with, I dont care if it sucks, and I also want to have it all painted to my best standard and a considerable amount of conversions.

what I'm stuck with is ideas on what units to take that would make this army as fun as possible.. I like the idea of boyz in trukks and also burnas... Id love to include burnas
not too many tanks though.... there anoying to paint :D

Comments would be greatly appreiciated :)

-Doug

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The Loota/Burna box that's available is pretty sweet. It has parts for both, so extra boys can be made into the other. To truly have fun with burnas, you'll need a transport for them. Since they can't take a trukk, I highly recommend getting an old rhino to make a Looted Wagon for them.

The new Battleforce box is a great source for trukk boyz, especially if ya might want the 3 bikes that also come with it.

All the new Ork kits are just ripe for conversion, so have fun!

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you want to have fun, then you must have everything which is unreliable, because the unreliable ork are also awesome when they work:
Big Mek with Shok attack gun
Old Zogwort
Zzap guns
Trukks
Each of the above do strange things:
SAG - totally mad if you roll a double for strength. Can blast the enemy to he'll, roll a double 1 and it can blast your units to he'll.
Old Zogwort - turning independent characters into squids. Not actually achieved that yet, but his close combat attacks are awesome.
Zzap guns- roll for strength, may be weak, may be amazing. in my last game they did nothing for 5 turns then blasted an entire unit of Tau crisis suits about to steal an objective in turn 6.
Trukks - if destroyed they go mad.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if you want to have fun, then you must have everything which is unreliable, because the unreliable ork are also awesome when they work:
Big Mek with Shok attack gun
Old Zogwort
Zzap guns
Trukks
Each of the above do strange things:
SAG - totally mad if you roll a double for strength. Can blast the enemy to he'll, roll a double 1 and it can blast your units to he'll.
Old Zogwort - turning independent characters into squids. Not actually achieved that yet, but his close combat attacks are awesome.
Zzap guns- roll for strength, may be weak, may be amazing. in my last game they did nothing for 5 turns then blasted an entire unit of Tau crisis suits about to steal an objective in turn 6.
Trukks - if destroyed they go mad.
This looks scarily like my army list. I generally go with the most characterful lists possible. All the above plus Zag and Flash Gits and on occasion the Mad Doc himself all adds up to joyous half-crazed unpredictable fun

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds just right :rofl

Thats basically what i want: a really unreliable army that blows it self up 8Y

I don't realy want to take characters so i think old zagwort is going to have to be a no, but zapp guns sound fun.

It'll be probably be a normal list with some of those things incorperted, as i dont want %100 of my army to be unpredictable. ill probably take a warboss, and then in turn have a nob squad in transport as a troop, I just love the idea of nob troops...

Still more ideas are greatly welcomed ;Y

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am only a new player but the ork army is a briliant excuse to swamp your enemy with units attaks i think three each with choppers and 4 on the charge and units so i would get loads of flamers and boyz and blow stuff up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.