Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the rules for looted Ork tanks. I don't have one yet, and I want to know before I make my descision of what Imperial Gaurd tank I get. Do the tanks that you get use the same weapon stats that the original tank used, or do you have to use the Ork big gun upgrade and its stats? Because I admit I want to use the Imperial Gaurd Basilisk to hit my enemies from afar to supply cover for my boyz as they advance. If I can't use the basilisk, could someone please tell me what tanks/vehicles the orks can loot? because the ork codex doesn't tell me.

·
2,076 Posts
Orks can no longer loot specific Imperial tanks.
You now build your own using the rules in the codex that represents a looted vehicle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Orks can no longer loot specific Imperial tanks.
You now build your own using the rules in the codex that represents a looted vehicle.
do you buy a conversion pack or something? Or do you buy an imperial tank and use the stats and such in the Ork codex? I don't quite understand how this works, Im a noob, so I need quite a bit of help. I checked the product list on Games workshop and it didnt list anything.

·
2,076 Posts
do you buy a conversion pack or something? Or do you buy an imperial tank and use the stats and such in the Ork codex? I don't quite understand how this works, Im a noob, so I need quite a bit of help. I checked the product list on Games workshop and it didnt list anything.

Ork like to Konvert and kustomize.
So if you want, you can make it out of polystyrene and duct tape as long as the weapons look correct.

A good Idea is to decide what kind of tank you want by using the rules in the Ork Codex, then see if you can find a tank that resembles that. So if you took a boom Gun and some Big shootaz, maybe a Leman Russ that has be ork-a-fied would fit the bill.

As long as your opponent knows what he is facing before the game starts then Jobz a good 'un

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so could I essentially use any tank (not very advanced, Im talking space marines and imperial gaurd), orkify it, and use the codex weapon rules and still use it? Im not talking about a baneblade, but could I even take a rhino, throw on a big gun and shootaz, and use it as a tank? Sorry to ask so many questions, I just don't want to make mistakes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What I was planning to do for my looted wagon was to build a leman russ(Battlecannon and 2 Heavy Bolters) and then orkify it with bitz left over from the two ork trukks I've built. The Battlecannon would become the Boomgun and the 2 Heavy Bolters would be Big Shootas.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would that be allowed? or would it be against the rules? just curious

·
2,076 Posts
It is completely legal, just let your opponent know what it is before you start playing

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is completely legal, just let your opponent know what it is before you start playing
k thanks, (and just an off topic question, how do you get your Avatar?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later