Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im doing a ork army and wanted a looted wagon but what model to have??? is it like the old looted wagons you can have like a space marines rhino or IG leman russ?

plz help
Regards REECE

·
Registered
174 Posts
Basically you can use anything you want for the base of the looted wagon. If you want to loot a leman russ, a hammerhead, a falcon, raider, rhino, whatever. As long as you do some work on it and make sure that you represent the options you took on the model it's basically free reign. The only thing I would be hesitant about is using fairly large stuff, lilke a land raider, as the big stuff is better suited for use as a battle wagon. If you want a specific idea there is a picture of a looted leman russ in the looted wagon section, so that should help get the ball rolling.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Representation

Do you mean for appearance?

Since there is no model or specification, the looted wagon can literally look like anything, as long as it represents what the looted wagon has.

Since it's a transport, it has to be large enough to contain models, and every gun has to be represented upon it, but otherwise, it can be made from any GW tank, transport or even from spare parts.

Personally, I use a Leman russ for the looted wagons with the ordnance gun, and Chimeras for the transports. Seriously though, they can be made out of anything, as long as it's a GW model, and is large enough to contain troops.

If you're asking what they have, that's up to you, but you can mimic virtually any Imperial tank for the right points, only with 11/11/10 armor.

The battlewagon works the same way, only it should really be big enough to contain 20 troops, and definitely larger than a basic tank, either made out of a land raider, similarly large tank, new ork trukk (with extra modifications), or spare parts. It's a lot more expensive, pointwise, than a looted wagon, but has 14/12/10 armor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does it use the wepons on the tank? or the stats on the looted wagon if you dont have a booom gun do you use the wepons on the vehcile that you chose:)

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Rule change

does it use the wepons on the tank? or the stats on the looted wagon if you dont have a booom gun do you use the wepons on the vehcile that you chose:)
You don't use any of the statistics of the original tank. That's the way it used to work, but with the new rules, you only use the weapons in the new ork codex. However, since you're allowed to use the looted vehicles, and most ork weapons don't have a standard design, you can basically say that any gun on the tank is whatever gun you want it to be.

For example, on my chimeras, I usually say that both the front mounted gun, and the turret gun, are both big shootas, but if I wanted to, I could make either gun anything. There's a limit to how many guns can be on any vehicle, but otherwise, you get to choose what they are from the list, and where they go.

If you want more guns than are listed, just attach extra gun parts to the top, front or sides. Remember, it doesn't have to look perfect. It's a 'looted' wagon afterall.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am going to be running three immolators as my looted wagons, after I make them orky of course. (They are gonna be my transports for my burna boyz.) That way I don't have to fuss with making some skorchas. Already done for me. It was that or the hellhound, but I just figured the rhino body seems to feel so perfect to loot. Lets face it, I don't know how many beakies leave these things laying around as da orks run them from the field.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
That's cool

I am going to be running three immolators as my looted wagons, after I make them orky of course. (They are gonna be my transports for my burna boyz.) That way I don't have to fuss with making some skorchas. Already done for me. It was that or the hellhound, but I just figured the rhino body seems to feel so perfect to loot. Lets face it, I don't know how many beakies leave these things laying around as da orks run them from the field.
That's cool. Virtually any marine vehicle will do. I wouldn't worry too much about making a skorcha. Just pick a main gun and call it a skorcha. That's the beauty of looted vehicles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The stat-line of a looted wagon would suggest a rhino chassis, but you can use about anything. For my boom-wagons I am thinking about using the vindicator model, but tearing open the top and putting lots of battle damage/ork glyphes and drivers to represent it's orkiness/looted crappiness.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i'm still using the basilisk that i was using for the old codex, just now instead of an earthshaker cannon, it's now a bomm gun. When I orginally put the tank together i made it where the cannon will slide out. So if i don't want the cannon its now a transport.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
One catch

i'm still using the basilisk that i was using for the old codex, just now instead of an earthshaker cannon, it's now a bomm gun. When I orginally put the tank together i made it where the cannon will slide out. So if i don't want the cannon its now a transport.
The only catch being that it no longer has indirect fire. It's true though, you can play the exact same model as you did before. It just isn't as good a unit as it used to be (although it is considerably cheaper).

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
kinda sucks too. I have a friend who has this Land Raider that he spent a whole lot of time converting into a looted land raider, its got all kinds of orkiness on it. The guy really hates space marines too, which he represented by having verious bloody space marines torsos and parts against the front of the vehicle, its quite detailed.

But now its statline is suddenly much less impressive then its appearance, kinda sad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Converted Land Raider can be used to represent battle wagon. It has a bit better stats and since it's our mightiest transport, it's kinda fitting too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
kinda sucks too. I have a friend who has this Land Raider that he spent a whole lot of time converting into a looted land raider, its got all kinds of orkiness on it. The guy really hates space marines too, which he represented by having verious bloody space marines torsos and parts against the front of the vehicle, its quite detailed.

But now its statline is suddenly much less impressive then its appearance, kinda sad.
Has he considered simply converting it to a battlewagon. Landraiders are big vehicles and with a bit of work make very good ones. I put a death roller, missile launchers, big guns, a large transport deck, a suped up griffon mortar and rickety lookout tower on mine and it looks brilliant. :drinking: (no real reason for it just like the smilie)

Edit: Damn. Someone posted 4 mins before me on same issue arrrrggghhh

·
Registered
137 Posts
I recently bought a Leman Russ and 2 Ork Trukks, so I'm going to use the leftover bits from the trukks to orkify the Russ into a proper Looted Wagon! Waaagh!

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Its front armour I believe is either 11 or 12, so something that is close to that would be a great place to start, I think a rhino chassis is plenty good, but make sure its orky!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Orkification!

You can pretty much model it however you want. I have a leman russ and I'm planning to make another looted wagon soon. Buy whatever GW tank your budget allows and unleash your inner mek. The weirder the better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts