Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, lately ive been playing against a few friends running Marine and tyranid armies.
Against the marines sternguards hellfire rounds eat up my ground troops like theyre nothing and same goes for the stranglethorn and venom cannons on carnifexes and warriors.
Im running an army with sluggas, shootas a warboss and defkoptas atm based on what i own, any tips on what to get to help? or stratagies to undercut their powerful units?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
I agree with Cossack, you should worry less about specific opponents and instead improve your own strategy.

Orks on foot are always going to get cut up by enemy fire pretty badly. That's why I prefer Orks in trukks and battlewagons. Even if they get blown up, if they can get you closer to battle, they'll be invaluable. I'm not saying that your entire army has to be in vehicles, as some Orks on foot might be nice, but I'd definitely have at least 1-2 vehicles in there.

Another suggestion I'd like to add are lootas. Keep them far back and behind cover, and fire away. This will harass your opponent's forces, and draw some fire away from your boyz.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the replies, and today i plan on going to a store to pickup more boys and a KFF hopefully, ive also been considering teh new 3 pack of killa kanz since i have very few powerful units besides my defkoptas and my boss ( only one of my nobs has a powerclaw so far :c ) currently im sitting at around 550 points with 2 squads of sluggas a shoota squad, warboss, and 3 defkoptas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you very much for the quick reply, im very tempted by the new box of 3 :x, looking at i can afford, i will hopefully be able to get kanz and a big mek today, but i feel as if i still need more boyz :x, im running with about 31 total (20 slugga 11 shoota)

·
609 Posts
Yikes. You need more boys, killa kans, and a KFF.

By the way, deffkoptas are not very good IMO. It'd be best to replace them when you can with something else, like warbuggies or ... lootas or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much for the help again everyone, yesterday i managed to pick up 10 more shootas a nob with bosspole and power claw. My next purchase is looking to purchase both killa kanz, and maybe commandos ( i really am inclined to at least give them a try ). Thank you again for your time and for your help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The great thing about Orks is conversion possibilities. Kommandos have the same wargear as regular boyz. This conversion can be as simple as a camouflage paint theme and a lot cheaper than buying 2 boxes of kommandos seperately. If you're not happy with they way they work in game, just treat them as regular boyz. The same goes for koptas, if you're not happy with them in-game, do some conversion work and make them into buggies or count-as bikers. Not only are they fun to play with, but simple conversions can make your army stand out more than you'd think! Other than that, I'd advise picking up at least a box or two of lootas and/or kans. In small games even 5 lootas can cause havok. If you don't want the mek that comes with the loota kit, use his KMB for a kan. When in doubt, always add more boyz.

·
609 Posts
Yeah, I turned my deff-koptas into 'snow-bikes' and so far everyone I play with hasn't had any problem with it, and most of them thought it was awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.