Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that someone can help me answer a simple question about Orks that I find unclear in the codex.

Ork Boyz are listed as having 2 attacks in their profile. The Codex also says that if you want to give them Shootas, you can replace their Slugga and Choppa with a Shoota.

Since it says "replace", that seems to indicate to me that an Ork Boy has a Slugga and Choppa, and has 2 attacks. I've had someone tell me that they have 3 because the "standard profile" doesn't account for them having a Slugga...yet, it seems to me that the standard profile already includes the Slugga + Choppa combo, and you can remove that to go Shoota if you want.

So, which is it? 2 attacks or 3?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can logic myself in circles sometimes.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Bonus attacks for pistols or weapons are never included in the basic stat line of a model (unless it specifically says so).

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
To clarify for omgitsduane, who seems to think you don't get 3 attacks w/ sluggas, read what these folks wrote. Orks attack TWICE even with shootas, and a 2nd hand weapon (slugga+choppa) DOES give them a third attack. On the charge (if they didn't fleet), Orks fire a S4 weapon (1 S4 attack), get a +1 for charge (2 now), get a +1 for 2nd hand weapon (3 now), and get 2 for their base stats (5 total). FIVE strength 4 attacks on the charge (due to furious charge) for 6 points.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
To clarify for omgitsduane, who seems to think you don't get 3 attacks w/ sluggas, read what these folks wrote. Orks attack TWICE even with shootas, and a 2nd hand weapon (slugga+choppa) DOES give them a third attack. On the charge (if they didn't fleet), Orks fire a S4 weapon (1 S4 attack), get a +1 for charge (2 now), get a +1 for 2nd hand weapon (3 now), and get 2 for their base stats (5 total). FIVE strength 4 attacks on the charge (due to furious charge) for 6 points.
No no, I understand that orks have 2 basic attacks on their profile, but because orks weren't my primary army, and my brother was too lazy to do his own army lists, I didn't notice it until just a few weeks ago, and after playing a few games against myself with my orks and chaos, I can't help but feel overwhelmed every time they come up against the green tide :(

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
FIVE strength 4 attacks on the charge.
That's a little misleading. You're counting the S4 Slugga shot.

In the actual assault phase they only get 4 attacks on the charge with a slugga/choppa combo (ok Nobs get 5).
2 Base
+1 for a second CCW
+1 for the charge

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
Well, it can be misleading if you do not clarify it, as I tried to. Just like Chaos Space Marines get 4 S4 on the charge counting the bolt pistol.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Well, it can be misleading if you do not clarify it, as I tried to. Just like Chaos Space Marines get 4 S4 on the charge counting the bolt pistol.
Only with an Icon of Khorne. Shooting attacks are shooting attacks, and lumping them in with combat attacks just makes life awkward due to the differences between the two systems.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Only with an Icon of Khorne. Shooting attacks are shooting attacks, and lumping them in with combat attacks just makes life awkward due to the differences between the two systems.
Heh, but nonetheless, 4 str4 attacks on the charge for 6 points is still pretty intimidating =).

-H

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Don't forget they can fleet too=) and have opentopped vehicles that almost gauruntee they aren't pinned if it dies.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am glad this is all getting clarified. Whenever I played with my son we were always getting non-results for combat. I presumed something must be wrong because the rulebook said that combats should be resolved very quickly. For the past 4 months, we haven't been rolling enough for attacks. That is all going to change now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.