Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am looking at starting a new army that wont bore me so easly, and Orks have got my attantion. I want to base the Ork army around a Captain and his fleet of trucks (modeled to look like pirate ships). Theres just a few questions I need answered.

1.) Can the Trukks be modeled as pirate ships (planks, shape of the trukk.)
2.) Is it legal to use Orks from Warhammer as pirates and would that look good.
3.) Has anybody had any success at making an Ork pirate army, if so could you please show me some pictures.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You'll be happy to hear that the new Ork Trukk kit comes with boarding planks, and is just ripe for conversion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When i used to work for GW we did a pirate orks. smaller boarding ships as trucks with one biiig ship as a battle waggon. greenstuffed a big piraty hat on the warboss and modled most of the bigger guns in the army as cannons or as large muskets. Gave all the boys greenstuff bandanas, eye patches, and almost all of them used swords. also peglegs are a pretty easy conversion. unfortunitly the army was auctioned off and i dont have pics :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I get the codex I am going to start the army by getting a squad of space orks and a unit of orks from fantasy. That will give me 30 orks armed with a variety of weapons, like they put shields and any other bits on there armour as they find it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There's plenty of different weapons in the 40k Ork Boyz sprues. Aside from the shootas and sluggas, you get a nice assortment of blades and axes. You might not need to sink money into fantasy orks just for different melee weapons, unless you really want spears and halberds and the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.