Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Heh, I've been wondering what Orks would call a Monolith. Need to know for a project I'm involved in. ;) Any suggestions you have would be most appreciated.

Timbo

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know that my orks refer to Necrons as "walkin' gubbinz" and are very miffed by the fact that they always phase back to base, which prevents looting.

I'm not sure what an ork would call a monolith.. maybe a "ded killy tuf kart"

·
Registered
849 Posts
Maybe an "ooge killin block of deaf" would be a common Ork term. You never know really. All I know is that GW fluff wise, Dah Orks call the Necrons "Shiny Boyz" and fear them with high intesinty. Dah Orks REALLY hate the Shiny Boyz.....

·
Registered
849 Posts
I think I heard it off the GW website, but I'm not sure. It could have very well been the Rumours section of this site. All I know is that it makes sense. A lot of the Necrons are Metal, and it would make sense that when they were in the sun, they would seem shiny to any Ork. Oh and yea WAAAAAAAGH!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm sure that the orks have a plethora of different names for the necrons. I tend to think more in terms of loot than actual enemies, hence "gubbinz" (an ork word for shiny or especially nice bits of machinery or detailing on a vehicle.)

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
"ooge killin block of deaf"
That is so freakin funny. I nearly woke my daughter up with laughter... and then my wife would have thrown her Monolith at me and then it WOULD be a "ooge killin block of deaf". :D

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that one from now on for my own use... :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
No Prob man!! Use da ooge killin block of deaf anywhere you want!! Just popped up in my little crazy dragon mind and I guess its funny! Oh well, I give you permission to use that whenever you want H0urg1ass. ;) Glad you found it funny!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by H0urg1ass@Nov 17 2003, 22:31

That is so freakin funny. I nearly woke my daughter up with laughter... and then my wife would have thrown her Monolith at me and then it WOULD be a "ooge killin block of deaf". :D

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that one from now on for my own use... :)
lol hourglass!
한국사람이세요?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Heh, hourglass's reply was more funny than the original comment. Orks have often been heard referring to the Monolith as "Oh *****! Run!!!", which I feel quite accurate...

·
Registered
342 Posts
How about da big flashy ting, makes sence, with the lightning arch and it is big but thats just me.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I think the Orks would use more complex terms than just Big and flashy..... The Orks do use an excess of words when they speak...... Like, "Dem Tau gotz dem big shooty gunz and you can bring a ton o' boyz, but you'll have very few grabbin' dem in de end." Translated, all he's saying is the Tau Broadsides are very good at killing Troops.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dem Towery Shinee Wotsitz dat make fings go away and come back sumwere else?

However, they do use single words or short phrases to describe enemies. Example: humies, beekees etc.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Most of da Ork players from da Ork boards refer to the Necrons as Gubbinz. I like metal eadz me self but Gubbinz is wot da rest of da Boyz call em.
Mono-liff's is called Mono-liffs.

Heres da scoop on da over races fer all you non-Ork kultured onez...

Spacemarines are Beakies.
Chaos are Spikies.
Tyranids are Bugeyez.
Eldar are Panzies.
Dark Eldar are Dark Panzies.
Imperial Guard, Sisters, and Daemon Hunters are Umies.
Squats are Stunties.
Tau are Blue Skinz.

WAAAGH! Da Ork Kulture

·
Registered
849 Posts
tankz fer dat earnin' experience hakbash. Me Ork Mind ees only tinkin about WAAAAGH right now.... No time fer namin' enemies, jus' shoot 'em down fas'!! WAAAAAAAGH!! Anyway, me hatin' dem panzies!! damn panzies, runnin' wit der see tru shields and fingz, just check me sig... Down wit Panzies!! Dah oomans will die like squigz under me Choppa!! WAAAAAAGH!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Vampiric_Drake8, dats right watch out fer dem Panzies. They uze hollow fields an rafe lords an fings.
But once you give em a hack an a bash wiv yer choppa they die juss like a Umie...WAAAGH! Ork Kulture.

We should start up a Kulture tread fer all da inspirin Warbosses out dere.
Learn em proppa Ork kustoms an fings.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Soundz like a good 'un ta me Warlord hakbash. De is too many Warbosses dat don't know wat da Orks is about..... Dat is jus' sad! Fightin fer da WAAAAAAGH and you don't know da boyz? And anuver fing, an good green Ork knowz his boyz from their brains (whatever they have) to his slabs of muscles..... So, letz show em what da Orkz is about hakbash WAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Da first fing yer all gotta learn is how ta talk like an Ork. Cuz yer language skillz mus be up ta snuff fore you kin really git into da Kulture of da Orks...

Orks have their own language of growls and grunts, written and in glyph forms. The broken Imperial Gothic we are all familiar with is actually an Orks second or sometimes third language. As an Ork may have to communicate with many different races while trading / pirating the space lanes. Trading / pirating goods and supplies from a spaceport or planet.
Most Orks can speak a little of the following languages Imperial Gothic, Eldar exodite, Tau, Kroot, and Dark Eldar. Local dialects are also spoken by different tribes of Orks but the Ork alphabet and glyphs remain universal.
Most races are misled into believing that an Ork lacks in intelligence when in fact the average Ork is equal in IQ to the average Human, Tau, or Eldar peoples.

The truth being that a common Ork could speak two or more languages [ poorly in most opinions ] besides his common tribal language or dialect makes him quite a contradiction to the stereotypical Ork warrior.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey! Us gleaming, implacable legions of silent warriors resent that!
Gleaming, implacable legions got rights too...

How about "Da Big Deff-towah?"
or "Floaty Deff Fing?"

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hey, I'm a shiny legion and an Ork Boss, so I got opinions on both sides. I like "ooge killin block of def" best. Sounds Orky!! Obviously, a lot of others like it too. It corresponds wit yur "floaty def fing," So hope you can accept dat Deciever, don't me choppa all da shiny boyz, WAAAAAAAGH!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.