Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
HERETIC! HERETIC!

Naaa... As far as paint is concerned I think that Citadel is the best. Glue, spray paint and flock, on the other hand should be bought elsewhere...

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah I agree that Citadel has the best paints, hands down. as for their scenery stuff, i can get the same quality for cheaper..

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I use Vallejo, Partha Paint (discontinued), and Reaper Pro Paints in addition to GW. I also started using Createx craft paint airbrush line with good results. I still have some older Armory and Dragon Scale paints fram years ago. I use these for miniature painting. Each line has its own strengths and drawbacks.

I also use the cheap craft paints, such as Apple Barrel and Plaid, but I reserve them for buildings and terrain. For big terrain projects, I use inexpensive house paint.

For primer, I use GW white and Krylon Ultra Flat black. For finish spray I use Testors Dullcote.

All my tools, bushes and terrain materials are purchased from other producers. GW stuff is just too expensive.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
I am just after buying paints from a shop called The Art and Hobby Shop. I dont know if you have the shop in england but if they are in ireland they are surely over there. I havent used them yet but they where marked miniture paints. I will let you know how they work out they cost E2.50 which i think is cheaper than the GW ones.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye cheers all.

I'll have to put in a search for Vallejo paints then as I've heard some good stuff about them.

chemicalcaveman: What are the paints called? Aye I think they work out cheaper than GW's, but not too sure.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
No, its a quid fifty per pot of Citadel paint.

Try checking the painting forums on The Warp for more info. There are tons of GW alternatives.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
They dont really have a name. They have a yellow wrap with the words model and arcyrillic written on it. It says they are made in the uk and are suitable for all model plastics and thats about it really, no name. They are cheaper here because i usually have to pay 3 euro for citadel paints so they are about fifty cent cheaper plus it looks like they hold more paint. Still havent tried them out yet because i bought a new computor game as well and breaking that in at the moment.

·
Registered
190 Posts
even though they're expensive and more times than not they dry out in the bottle I still use GW paint. I've tried just about everything else and I think they're still the best paint. Everything else I use is no GW though... GW tools are cripplingly expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.