Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick qusetion. Lets say I take a few grey knights as allies with my space marines. Can a SM Chaplain join their squad during the course of play and do they gain the benefit from a SM chaplain if he joins their squad (specifically the litanies of hate)?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Yes
As an independent character, he can join the squad. In fact, I believe he could even start the game joined to them if you wanted to.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Yeah, Mike is right. It only affects SM units.

Now before anyone tries to start the "But aren't GKs Space Marines" thing,
For all gaming purposes:
Grey Knights are Daemonhunters units
Space Marines units are those from Codex SM, DA, BT, etc.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Grey Knights don't need no stupid Chaplains to encourage them. They always hit on the first try. 0:

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Yeah, Grey Knights and Deathwatch, despite the SM stock that the fluff says they come from, are chamber militants of their respective arms of the Inquisition. Thus, from a rules perspective, they are NOT Space Marines.

Note that this allows you to have Deathwatch in your GK-heavy armies if you want to, if you insist on having GK and SM models in the same army :party2:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
On a similar subject, what do you all think about GKTs and the Imperial Fist special character's special rule for Teleport Attacks? That's the one where you only make a single reserves roll for "all Terminators in the army" if I recall the quote correctly. I wasn't sure whether GKTs would count as being a part of that or not.

Thoughts?

-H

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Can GKT even come down on space marine teleport homers?

If so does anyone have a reference for me.
I'm not 100% certain on this, but since they're Terminators, and since they teleport, they should be able to use those.

Actually, for gaming Purposes, Grey Knights Are Grey Knights, as per page 20 of the DH Codex.

Mike
Technically, being picked from the DH Codex, they are Daemonhunters. ;)
The Grey Knight terminology just means that the unit gains special rules. Its more specific though.
I just thought it sounded clearer to say Daemonhunters and not Grey Knights, since "Grey Knights" sort of leaves the door open to calling them Space Marine units.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.