Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a unit lose Feel No Pain if the attached Painboy leaves the squad, or is killed?

Also. can Mad Doc Grotsnik be attached to one mob of 30 orks (hence giving them FNP) and then second turn leave and attach himself to another (different) mob of 30 orks giving them FNP as well?

·
Registered
263 Posts
To answer the first question, I believe the model must be with a squad to give it its abilities. There are exceptions of course (such as Inquisitors) but I am pretty sure this is generally the case.

As for the second question, no.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Does a unit lose Feel No Pain if the attached Painboy leaves the squad, or is killed?

Also. can Mad Doc Grotsnik be attached to one mob of 30 orks (hence giving them FNP) and then second turn leave and attach himself to another (different) mob of 30 orks giving them FNP as well?
As cadian already said, the painboy or Mad Dok must be with the squad to confer FNP. Also, even if this wasn't the case, the Mad Dok can't leave a squad he's joined. You should re-read the rule under his codex entry called "One Scalpel Short of a Medpack"...

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
One last thing

As cadian already said, the painboy or Mad Dok must be with the squad to confer FNP. Also, even if this wasn't the case, the Mad Dok can't leave a squad he's joined. You should re-read the rule under his codex entry called "One Scalpel Short of a Medpack"...
I just wanted to first say that psichotykwyrm is absolutely correct on all points. This is how the rules work.

The reason I'm posting is because I wanted to mention that painboys couldn't leave the unit even if they wanted to. Painboys, as far as I know, can only be used in units of nobz and flash gitz, and in both cases they count as a normal member of the team, and not an independent character, so you couldn't detach them in any case, no more than you could detach any other nob/flash gitz.

The Mad Doc is an independent character, but as psichotykwyrm said, because of his special rules he can never leave a unit, unless the rest of the unit is dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.