Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering, does anyone out there play paintball? I myself do and I have Spyder Victor II (no upgrades) my brother has the Ben Tippman (BT is the company name) um BT-4? I think so, and my dad has an old Winchester, ya those ones that weigh 5 lbs. and bros friend and his little brothers own a poop load of VL Triads a Triton II and an Orion. We either play at my bro's friends house (he has a place by a wooded river bank) in a Sioux City nice and fancy Sup Air ball field or Plains Paintball, a locally run place that has a woodsball place and a handmade speedball arena. So if you play, say so, say where you play and what marker you use.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
I play a bit here and there - have a bit of rec. ball once in awhile at a friend's house in the woods, but I've been limiting myself lately to only scenario. We go down to a field in Georgia called 24 Hour Games - great place, great atmosphere, and great scenarios.

Own a Phantom VSC, though I'm looking to sell it, maybe. Also have access to a Tippmann A-5, 98C, and my sister's got a B2K she's trying to sell.

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
I play occasionally - not nearly as much as I used to, or like to. It's so expensive. I own a tippman 98 custom, although I'd like to upgrade to something better, if I play more. I play a variety of speed ball, wood, and rec when I have the chance.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
I play occasionally - not nearly as much as I used to, or like to. It's so expensive. I own a tippman 98 custom, although I'd like to upgrade to something better, if I play more. I play a variety of speed ball, wood, and rec when I have the chance.
Fully recommend the Tippmann A-5, if you want to upgrade to something "better," though the 98C is one heck of a reliable marker. Grab a Flatline for that sucker and you're all but set. ;)

· I Expect the Inquisition
1,440 Posts
Accuracy through volume

I haven't been able to play in a couple years since I developed a spine problem, but when I was playing I did both speedball and the long scenario games at Skirmish in PA, OnTarget in NJ and a few other places.

I don't necessarily miss playing at night, frankly that part of scenario games sucked, but I really loved playing from dawn til dusk.

I started with a rebuilt automag (I could probably build a spare from the extra parts now).

Then I bought a Bob Long Intimidator (2nd generation with WAS electronics). Man, that got expensive on paint! But firing a rope into an opponent as he thought he was going to charge a pinned bunker was wonderful (I played midfield or front)

The joke alway was, the older you got, the farther back you stood and the more paint you carried. There was this one guy that carried a full caseworth into scenarios. He wore more pods than any other two of us combined and had a remote gas line from his rig to what looked like an aqualung on his back. He moved decent, but did mostly cover work for us.

Good times.

690 Posts
ive played my share of arena ball, but my passion is woods ball, i just purchased some digital camo jersey and pb pants and am about to purchase that assault rifle looking version of the ion.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
The joke alway was, the older you got, the farther back you stood and the more paint you carried. There was this one guy that carried a full caseworth into scenarios. He wore more pods than any other two of us combined and had a remote gas line from his rig to what looked like an aqualung on his back. He moved decent, but did mostly cover work for us.
At the field I (semi) frequent, for scenario games, there's a guy that sometimes uses the A-5 Double Trouble - for those that don't know what that is, think two A-5's, with two 330+/- round hoppers, and a crank for automatic. He carries a scuba tank on his back for air.

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
Yeah, there's some really fast shooting guns out there....

I played in a tourny awhile back (3 man tourny; my dad, me and my friend were all together on a team called Tripple Threat), and man, everyone had pimped out guns that shot rediculously fast.

One of the golden moments of the tourny however, was me and my friend were hit, and therefore out of the match. We had gotten two of their players out as well, so it was down to my dad and one of their players, 1v1. The other team member had an autococker (I think, I don't remember exactly) but he was unloading tons of paintballs on the bunker my dad was behind as the other player was moving forward to bunker my dad. My dad, with his tippman 98 custom, popped out, shot once at the opposing player, nailed him in the face mask, and popped back down. It was glorious. :yes:

· Registered
1,417 Posts
well, i shoot a 98 custom with an All American barrel, a remote, a pod belt, and im thinkin about a stock, or a freak barrel set :shifty:

although i have wanted an electronic gun(even though i play woods ball) and was thinking about an Ion, but then again, teh Overlord(pistol) is pretty sweet too, and would be awsome to walk around in the woods with two guns :ninja:

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
If you want to join an endless amount of people who think they're cool, buy the Ion. ;) But really, for the cost, the Ion is one of the better markers you can buy - try Actionvillage.com, they've got refurbished Ions for $190 shipped.

Then again, there was another website (can't find it right now) that had them for $180 shipped, plus a deal on getting a fair-sized N2 tank for only $100 more. Was a pretty sweet deal, actually.

As for the Overlord, I'd recommend against getting a pistol, unless you want to use them for things such as limited ammo games and the likes. You will very rarely use them while you have your main marker, and when you do use them, they will be outranged and overall outgunned. They're cool and all, but they're not the best you can get. I had a RAP T68 pistol, myself, but sold it.

Currently, I'm looking into getting the RAP T68 Generation 5 marker.. it's a clip-fed .68 caliber marker that's supposed to be very good. However, it's also very expensive... $400, plus $50 for the stock that I want on it, plus $60 or so for the small C02 tank I'd need, plus $135 for four extra clips. Starts stacking up after awhile.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
If you want to join an endless amount of people who think they're cool, buy the Ion. ;) But really, for the cost, the Ion is one of the better markers you can buy - try Actionvillage.com, they've got refurbished Ions for $190 shipped.

Then again, there was another website (can't find it right now) that had them for $180 shipped, plus a deal on getting a fair-sized N2 tank for only $100 more. Was a pretty sweet deal, actually.

As for the Overlord, I'd recommend against getting a pistol, unless you want to use them for things such as limited ammo games and the likes. You will very rarely use them while you have your main marker, and when you do use them, they will be outranged and overall outgunned. They're cool and all, but they're not the best you can get. I had a RAP T68 pistol, myself, but sold it.

Currently, I'm looking into getting the RAP T68 Generation 5 marker.. it's a clip-fed .68 caliber marker that's supposed to be very good. However, it's also very expensive... $400, plus $50 for the stock that I want on it, plus $60 or so for the small C02 tank I'd need, plus $135 for four extra clips. Starts stacking up after awhile.

i dont think the range would be a bad thing, i do play woodsball after all, where people are able to sneak up on other piople :ninja:

690 Posts
yes woodsball is much more strategic over the tactical of arena ball.
the guns are somewhat evened, as even with an high end gun you have branches and much obscuring cover to shred your balls before they strike the target.
Thats why I favor medium range guns, you don't spend a grand on them for one.
another thing is i find i dislike the practice of sitting behind cover spending expensive paint hurling a few hundred balls a minute at each other, i prefer it when there is actually
some strategy to it and i dont have to worry about getting zippered with paint rounds.
on the Ion, what do yall think of the assault rifle version? i forget the name,
smartparts makes it i think. it has a name...
but i like it just for the look, screw practicality. i like to feel the kick like im shooting a real gun and to heck with light weight efficiency.
i also prefer all mechanical parts if i can help it, electronic seems to break down on me too often, and goes beyond my knowledge to repair.

on another note, anyone tried a tipman? i know they are lower end but i like them in that they seem to be very dependable, and holy crap they shoot hard!

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
on another note, anyone tried a tipman? i know they are lower end but i like them in that they seem to be very dependable, and holy crap they shoot hard!
I have a Tippman 98 Custom, and while it may not be the best gun, it's definitly extremely durable. Tippman does have some medium-higher end guns though, like the Tippman A-5.

Tippman 98 Custom

Tippman A-5

· Registered
1,417 Posts
I have a Tippman 98 Custom, and while it may not be the best gun, it's definitly extremely durable. Tippman does have some medium-higher end guns though, like the Tippman A-5.

Tippman 98 Custom

Tippman A-5
i also run a 98 custom, with an all-american barrel (12 inches i think), a remote, a pod pouch, 20 oz co2 tanks, and always sporting a bright red hat :shifty: yes, i always wear a red beanie when paintballing

and i dont think i posted my worst(but most funny) paint ball moment
we were at a local arena, where we used those damn reballs, and it was the last round we were gonna play, so doning all of my layers and turning my pod pouch bachwards and lowering it( i didnt wear a cup, so i wanted more protection :ninja: ), removing the lower half of the fornt handle on my gun and taking off th front half of my barrel, i set up for my grand fanalle. When the match began, i quickly ran out form my cover, firing as fast as i could, shouting "I AM GOD!!!"
yes, i was plastered, but it was funny, and i won the bet between my and my cousin :shifty:

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol my Spyder Victor II, a descent well-rounded gun, is pretty good. unfortunately I lost the hopper adapter that is vital to all Spyers....ya....I'm gonna get a new adapter and then I'll save my money hopefully get an Evolution II hopper, the ones that are all slouched backwards, a DYE Invision or I3 mask and possibly a remote line and a Nitro tank.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts