Librarium Online Forums banner
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Lost Nemesis, scenario ball is ok if you can convince yourself you are playing soldiers but the tactics in some of the tournament side of paintball are highly developed. Teams will spend quite a while going over a field before they play on it, I know when my team travel around Europe playing tournie it is an average of 45 minutes to an hour on each of five field for us to come up with our game plan.
Sure, of course they are, but they're all also the same. And in the end, it turns into a simple paint fest... I've watched it.

Scenario ball, you don't have to "play soldier." It's an entirely different aspect of the game. Roles, medics, demo and engineers, generals, bases, base kills, LAWs, tanks, transports, a much larger field, various locations... it's everything paintball should be.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Lol myself, I have a Victor II (as I've said before) but I only play woodsball. I've only played speedball twice. I think I've played scenario once (a 2 on 1 VIP game, one person on each team had gun, VIP had to get to extract zone, not much fun, only had total of like 200 paintballs and it was my first game.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Lol myself, I have a Victor II (as I've said before) but I only play woodsball. I've only played speedball twice. I think I've played scenario once (a 2 on 1 VIP game, one person on each team had gun, VIP had to get to extract zone, not much fun, only had total of like 200 paintballs and it was my first game.
That's not a scenario game. ;)

When I say scenario, I mean acres of field with all of the stuff I listed above, upwards of 300 people, and in some places, over 1000 players! Word up.

1,485 Posts
I have always wanted to go to a senario game but I never could. : (

usually what we played were small skrmishes in the brush. it usuallly turns into a hunt rather than a battle. Which is in my opinion just as fun. its a good way to test your nerves and patience.

· Registered
1,417 Posts

usually what we played were small skrmishes in the brush. it usuallly turns into a hunt rather than a battle. Which is in my opinion just as fun. its a good way to test your nerves and patience.
and becuase its smaller scale, its more your own skill instead of the teams skill ;)

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Sure, of course they are, but they're all also the same. And in the end, it turns into a simple paint fest... I've watched it.
Thats an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. Yes there is always a lot of paint flying because that is how you ultimately achieve dominance on the field. What you don't see from the stands is that paint is pointed at very specific areas of the field, to either cover your guys or deny the killer bunker on the 50 to your opposition.

Scenario ball has its place and it probably bigger than tourney play as there are less skills and dedication required to play it. I have played scenario ball a couple of times, my main problem with it was I couldn't immerse myself in the game. Being a tourney player I was only ever looking for the next person to shoot.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
and then woodsball falls somewhere inbetween, without special "targets, or ranks" to hit, but without the excessive waste of paint. There still are main targets, like good players and what not, and you do shoot a lot, but no where near as much as speedball, and the targets arent like in scenario ball ;)

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
and then woodsball falls somewhere inbetween, without special "targets, or ranks" to hit, but without the excessive waste of paint. There still are main targets, like good players and what not, and you do shoot a lot, but no where near as much as speedball, and the targets arent like in scenario ball ;)
Um, what?

Woodsball has nothing that scenario ball doesn't have. In fact, scenario ball has much more to offer than woodsball.. it's woodsball on a much larger scale, with many different things available. What "special targets/ranks" are you talking about? :| You can play the whole game shooting other players if you'd like.

Lurch said:
...as there are less skills and dedication required to play it.
This is another place for the "Um, what?" How do you get that scenario ball requires less skill and less dedication to play than speedball, which over 50% of the game is just spray and pray?

Have you ever even seen a real scenario team working out on a field? Against another scenario team? Several teams against several teams? I really don't think they'd appreciate someone claiming they have less skill, or dedication, than a speedball player. :|

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Um, what?

Woodsball has nothing that scenario ball doesn't have. In fact, scenario ball has much more to offer than woodsball.. it's woodsball on a much larger scale, with many different things available. What "special targets/ranks" are you talking about? :| You can play the whole game shooting other players if you'd like.
i mean its a lot smaller scale, and just shooting people isnt what the game is about, where woodsball is, and speedball is about positions mostly. at least from my point of view. :|

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
i mean its a lot smaller scale, and just shooting people isnt what the game is about, where woodsball is, and speedball is about positions mostly. at least from my point of view. :|
Speedball is about shooting in the right place at the right time... they just happen to treat "the right time" as all game. ;)

Scenario ball isn't a lot smaller scale... if anything, it's a much bigger scale than woodsball or speedball.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·

I don't have patience or nerves, I have pure stupidity and bravery(insanity).

I only got 16bps on the thing.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
This is another place for the "Um, what?" How do you get that scenario ball requires less skill and less dedication to play than speedball, which over 50% of the game is just spray and pray?

Have you ever even seen a real scenario team working out on a field? Against another scenario team? Several teams against several teams? I really don't think they'd appreciate someone claiming they have less skill, or dedication, than a speedball player. :|
You do realise that most supair field are only 70 or so yards long, it is not spray and pray as you can see everything you are shooting at. Until you have played tournament ball at a high level the game will seem like that to spectator.

Most scenario players readily acknowledge that tournament players have better gunfighting skill than them. Tourney players however tend to try and play the same type of aggressive paintball in the woods as they do on supair and ignore the objectives. I have played scenario games with my tournament team, so yes I have seen it played. The difference being is that my tourney team train twice a month and play comptetively once a month. This just means more trigger time and working on our skills more.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Most scenario players readily acknowledge that tournament players have better gunfighting skill than them. Tourney players however tend to try and play the same type of aggressive paintball in the woods as they do on supair and ignore the objectives. I have played scenario games with my tournament team, so yes I have seen it played. The difference being is that my tourney team train twice a month and play comptetively once a month. This just means more trigger time and working on our skills more.
Sincerely wondering, in good spirits and all, if you'd mind if I quoted this on the forum of the scenario field I play at? I just want to see what people might respond with. :)

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Sincerely wondering, in good spirits and all, if you'd mind if I quoted this on the forum of the scenario field I play at? I just want to see what people might respond with. :)
You are more than welcome to post it on a scenario forum :) The point I am trying to make is that individually tournament players have to have more skills than scenario players, but that tourney players are only used to playing in small unit actions. The overall strategy element of a scenario game is lost on us, we just don't get it.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
You are more than welcome to post it on a scenario forum :) The point I am trying to make is that individually tournament players have to have more skills than scenario players, but that tourney players are only used to playing in small unit actions. The overall strategy element of a scenario game is lost on us, we just don't get it.
ya, i would have awsome skill with limitless paint, an intimidator, and a super feeding hopper too ;)

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Want me to post some of the better replies I get in here for ya? :)

The point makes sense, but I'd like to see what other scenario players - long-time members of teams and the likes - think about it.
By all means do :) the paintball forum that I go on most here has a mix of scenairo players and tourney players and there is a fair degree of ribbing between us. They accuse us of playing on bouncy castles, we tell them they are deluded bunny huggers. It is all pretty light hearted stuff.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts