Librarium Online Forums banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

· Registered
1,437 Posts
in tourney ball having top of the line kit only puts you on a level playing field as every one else has similar gear. You still need the skills and experience to use them properly.

· Registered
424 Posts
Myself, I'm just renting ATM. But, only because I'm finishing up my scratch built autococker. It's got a million moving parts, a silly amount of fine tuning (Both mechanical and electronic) and can rip paint at an incredible BPS and accuracy.

Of course, this all comes at a price. My sanity. :wacko:

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Myself, I'm just renting ATM. But, only because I'm finishing up my scratch built autococker. It's got a million moving parts, a silly amount of fine tuning (Both mechanical and electronic) and can rip paint at an incredible BPS and accuracy.

Of course, this all comes at a price. My sanity. :wacko:
"Incredible BPS" meaning... what, exactly?

If it's over 15 BPS, it's way overkill. 10 BPS is about as much as I'm willing to shoot and get shot by... chances are, if you haven't hit them with those 10 balls, you aren't going to hit them with an extra 5+ every second.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
ya never know ;)
Yes, you do. If you can't hit someone with ten paintballs in a second, then you probably can't hit them with fifteen, and you're just wasting paint by shooting. Called "spray and pray" and, unfortunately, it is one of the most popular styles of play these days. Gives paintball a bad name, off of the speedball field.

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
When you're firing down lanes that extra 5 balls per second actually can help, just a bit. At 15 BPS shooting down a lane you're almost guarenteed to him someone, but many times balls won't break so it helps to get that extra ball on them. This isn't so important in friendly and rec games but in tournaments it nice to have that extra speed.

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
When you're firing down lanes that extra 5 balls per second actually can help, just a bit. At 15 BPS shooting down a lane you're almost guarenteed to him someone, but many times balls won't break so it helps to get that extra ball on them. This isn't so important in friendly and rec games but in tournaments it nice to have that extra speed.
I disagree... and "tournaments" is too broad. Please try to specify what style of play - there are scenario tournaments, too, and believe me, they don't rely on speedball-oriented markers shooting 22 BPS to win. ;)

I'm a speedball player, so a bit biased, I suppose, but I really don't see how that extra BPS can really serve to do anything more besides waste paint and overshoot someone. If you can hit someone with that 10 BPS, you're going to be hitting him more with 15+ BPS. Do you want to be on the receiving end of that? I know I don't.

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
I was talking about speedball.

In all honesty, when your in the middle of the game, adrenaline running and all that stuff, getting hit doesn't really phase you that much, so getting hit an extra time really won't do that much more "hurt".

When you're running through a lane it takes about 15 BPS for a secure hit. but like I mentioned above, getting an extra ball on your opponent is still more reliable as they won't always break.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
They don't hurt when you get hit. It's afterwards that it hurts. ;)

Honestly, I can't see how it takes that much... stock class (i.e., pump) players play on stock class fields, which are pretty much speedball fields, and they do fine hitting eachother.
well, stock guns are much more accurate, and i feel that the players rely on skill more than BPS :(

but some of them can still pull off a lot of shots for having to pump after every shot :yes:

· Registered
424 Posts
"Incredible BPS" meaning... what, exactly?

If it's over 15 BPS, it's way overkill. 10 BPS is about as much as I'm willing to shoot and get shot by... chances are, if you haven't hit them with those 10 balls, you aren't going to hit them with an extra 5+ every second.

Yeah, I too am not a fan of TOO high of a BPS. I'm a student, and the paint add's up. (so do the bruises)

"INCREDIBLE" Means. Well, I'm not too sure. Autocockers can get WAY up there in terms of BPS. BUT, that is only with all those wonderful little electronic bits, and a stupidly expensive hopper. Without all that, it's as fast as I can pull.

That being said, I much prefer the mech way of doing things. It's the speed of the finger that counts. Not how much you spent on some electro marker.

EDIT:

Anywho, I was wondering what yall think about the C3 from tippmann? Two of my friends both got one, and it's incredible fun playing a roundabout sort of one hit elimination game. Never knew pump markers could be so fun.

· Registered
236 Posts
Electronic guns can be fired on semi-auto mode as well. Infact, it's the standard mode on all electronic markers. So, you still have to your fingers just as fast.
But you have to know that e-markers usually have a much easier trigger pull than mech triggers. The standard pull on a 98C is huge when compared to say a Spyder Imagine. This makes it easier to get off more bps if you have the Imagine.

Oh and a bit off topic, but whatever: watch this

Had me rofl'ing for 10 minutes straight. And then I realized how insanely dumb that kid is, and I rofled some more :w00t:

· LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
well, stock guns are much more accurate, and i feel that the players rely on skill more than BPS :(

but some of them can still pull off a lot of shots for having to pump after every shot :yes:
Stock class markers are not much more accurate, and where you get that idea is beyond me. I own a Phantom VSC (a high quality pump), and the most accurate marker that I ever shot was a Diablo Wrath, an electronic speedball oriented marker. Pumps are accurate, sure, but so are other markers. Just because they shoot less, doesn't mean that they are more accurate.

And "a lot of shots"... how many do you mean? They can get up to 5-6 BPS, surely, if they have a very smooth pumping mechanism and hold the trigger down. It'll be much less accurate, though, since they'll be jerking so hard and so fast.

Pump markers aren't any more accurate than standard markers - they just make the player rely on skill instead of paint spray. Positioning, movement, things of that sort, where they could otherwise spray paint in a fire lane and hope the opponent sticks his head out.

@Inquisitor Hause - as was said, most electronic/speedball oriented markers have a much easier pull on their triggers, and many of them have what woodsball/scenarioball players call "cheat boards." Basically, you start pulling fast enough and the marker starts dishing out two balls for every pull, etc., and it's difficult to tell. It is definitely easier to achieve higher (un-needed) BPS with an electronic marker than it is with a mechanical.

1,485 Posts
I own an a5 with a response trigger. (if you dont know what this is pm me and ill explain it) or just look it up.

And i find that this is the perfect set up. My gun is not automatic (u already know this) but i find it fires at the perfect rate. If i want i can get my gun to fire at 15 bps. I know for a fact. However it is highly in accurate cause in order to achieve this i make my trigger finger have a muscle spasm. It is very hard to hold the marker securely while your finger is twitching rapidly with pain.

Therefore i use this when i need to provide a massive amount of cover fire down only. Other than that my marker fires 8 to 10 shots per second max. Which i dont do. If i cant hit with two shots per second all that 6 more shots is gonna do is
A. put more paint on the target
or
B. make me have to reload sooner

· Registered
238 Posts
Wow fellow paintballers on LO. This is great. Ive been playing for a little more than 10 years now. I started when I was in middle school and havnt stopped sense. Out of the 10 years ive played, 5 where with a autococker (which i still own) and then bought my self a phantom pump and have been hooked playing pump.

Just so you guys know all it takes is one shot to get someone out! This high ROF markers of today is just a big waste. Warhammer is expensive enough I dont see why you want to spend even more money on another expensive hobby. Just have fun guys, enjoy the challenge.

Peace

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
Late response, but all well.

You make a final decision on what marker you getting?
Iv'e narrowed it down to either going a cheaper route and getting an Ion(around $200) or Wrath (around $200), or going a more expensive route and getting a Invert Mini($400) or Proto Matrix Rail ($400). The DP Fusion is also an option...

Right now I'm just in the process of saving up my money. After Christmas, I'll hopefully have enough to get the gun I decide on plus a good hopper and nitro tank.

Cheers

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Just so you guys know all it takes is one shot to get someone out! This high ROF markers of today is just a big waste. Warhammer is expensive enough I dont see why you want to spend even more money on another expensive hobby. Just have fun guys, enjoy the challenge.

Peace
It does indeed only take one shot for an elimination, most of the paint fired out in ropes at tournaments is to achieve the dominance in the game required to get that one shot. You put 7 guys with pumps on a supair field against a team with timmys or angels and I will show you a very short game indeed :)

· Registered
236 Posts
Late response, but all well.

Iv'e narrowed it down to either going a cheaper route and getting an Ion(around $200) or Wrath (around $200), or going a more expensive route and getting a Invert Mini($400) or Proto Matrix Rail ($400). The DP Fusion is also an option...

Right now I'm just in the process of saving up my money. After Christmas, I'll hopefully have enough to get the gun I decide on plus a good hopper and nitro tank.

Cheers
Actually, the Mini is around $500. Plus they are sold out and only on pre-order status lol. I was actually looking into getting an e-marker again. They keep pulling at me... Oh well. I'm planning to go paintballing on an outdoors field around Christmas cause they have half off paint fees that week :w00t: It ought to be quite a chilly experience heh. Just hope my CO2 tank doesn't freeze up on me... My remote line should prevent most of this right?

101 - 120 of 138 Posts