Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I painted these imensely fast a few years ago so these are true gaming standard, unfortunately i'm home for christmas and I only have my bretonnians here, some ok conversions though. I love the lord, he's captain re-roll, maybe I'll get a few games in with them this year since I havn't used them. A flames war picture too incase anyones interested.

·
Registered
248 Posts
STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG!!!!

Best tank ever. Rep to the max.

Oh! And they look awesome too. The colors are nice and solid - But I'm thinkin', if at all possible, maybe do a Wash/Dark tone and a Light tone, just to give it some depth? I mean on the cloth on the Horses. Would make it look realistic.

·
Registered
759 Posts
STUGSTUGetc... has a point. The cloth on the horses looks a little shiny, so a wash to tone it down and add depth would look really good. But considering you painted them very fast they are very good indeed. You've done them very neatly with a good choice of colours.

The tanks look very good too. I guess it wasn't too hard to find a snow scene for them though:p

·
464 Posts
You did a very good job so far. i can see from the pics that you have at any rate used at least one highlight and I can see some definition in your work. Models that are painted to a table standard should be left with the zoom out a little bit as I am sure that your cavalry look awesome at an arms length. How are you liking your Brets? I heard that they are sort of a one trick pony (no pin intended...sort of)

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep they are too shiny, I think I may have even gloss varnished them! I think this year I will be buying two boxes of knights and painting them to a decent standard hopefully. I havn't had any games with bretonnians this year but I shall be when I've got the new knights done in the near future.

STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG!!!!

Best tank ever. Rep to the max.

Oh! And they look awesome too. The colors are nice and solid - But I'm thinkin', if at all possible, maybe do a Wash/Dark tone and a Light tone, just to give it some depth? I mean on the cloth on the Horses. Would make it look realistic.
If you like Stugs I took this picture at the Tank museum, its a beauty. http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._219675212901_516597901_3016604_4459763_n.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep they are too shiny, I think I may have even gloss varnished them! I think this year I will be buying two boxes of knights and painting them to a decent standard hopefully. I havn't had any games with bretonnians this year but I shall be when I've got the new knights done in the near future.

If you like Stugs I took this picture at the Tank museum, its a beauty. http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._219675212901_516597901_3016604_4459763_n.jpg
Awww yeah.

Best tank. EVER.

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Really like the WWII armour. Used to paint alot of Tamiya 1/35 kits in my teens and early twenties. Loved all the German stuff.

Like the overall look of your cav' but one of the words that popped into my head with the reds was 'flat'. I think you need to get more shape into the red areas by adding wider contrast in tones, from the highlight areas through to the shadows.

Good luck with your work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts