Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research I've found that the Games Workshop website or any other website don't really offer a good turtorial on painting these guys. So can someone help by doing a step by step guide on how to it ,especially doing the diamonds/checkers. Pictures would be helpful and an specifics to the Death Jester and the Shadowseer.

Thanks in advance :dance:

·
Registered
490 Posts
in reality the harlequins are both the easiest and hardest to paint..

Easiest in that there are no specific designs, and you can be as creative as you want with them.. Colorful and chaotic all in one..

Hardest in that you actually have to be creative and wild.

What I recommend is looking up images of jester suits.

When you paint the diamonds, you need to simply keep even pattern.. Same with the checkers and stripes. Also freehand imaginary highlights onto the patterns to give them depth.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
There are loads of ways of painting harlequins - bodl colours work, but the checkerboard or lozenge designs are really quite simple - piant yourself a grid of lines in black (really thinned paint is required) and then just fill in the alternate squares with the lighter colourm, then the darker colour. You then highlight each of these squares/lozenges individually...

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
It's quite difficult trying to do that proporly, when I last did a harlie, (about 12 months ago) I tried a few times, then decided to trash the diamonds idea. I'm not saying that you should do this, but you can still gat a pretty decient model without them.

·
I killed Alpharius
352 Posts
ITS EASY BOYFRIEND.

THE great thing bout these clowns is the possibilities. you will find the hardest bit about them is choosing a colour scheme.

Try out on a bit of paper two, or three, different colours side-by-side, and see how they go.

for example: BLue - Yellow

Green - Yellow

Blue - Pink

etc...

eventually you will come across a decent combo of colour. Use that.

Here is a death jester I tried to do a couple of years ago for GD youngbloods..but gave up. I did the diamonds by simply painting the shapes first then filling them in with a flat colour, from there just highlight away...easy. JUST MAKE SURE YOU WATER DOWN YOUR PAINT SO YOU GET A SMOOTH FINISH..better then some shoddy lumpy spew diamonds eh?

Hope this will help, just have some fun with it, throw some coluor and see what ya get in the end

LOVE YOU! and your 12" friend:):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts