Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
I think the contest should be about the best article written for the contest, and the prize should be a gift card etc.. that you can use at a GW shop of your own choice..

·
Registered
485 Posts
If we were to have a painting contest, one way easy way to controll the pics and check that they were taken for this contest, is to use a newspaper as background for the picture with date and location clearly shown.

For example... If the contest started on the 1. of April and ended 1 of May, I had to take the pic using a April issue of my local newspaper, this way we would all see that the picture was taken for the occation and that the pic was taken by me...

This idea is not foolproof but its just a suggestion...

·
Registered
377 Posts
And then you can say that there has to be some finger showing in the top lef of the photo, as well as the right hand side having a paintbrush vordering the model.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not a very good idea I'd say, since ppl can take any pics to put from from anywhere... unless u can prove it's urs... :roll:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why not have 2 pictures of the model in question one half painted and the other finished. this would mean you would have too paint up a new model but i dont think anyone will mind. anyway its just a suggestion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry if this reply is a bit late (A month isnt THAT long ;)), but I would really love to see a painting Comp happen. The way you can get around people entering photos that dont belong to them is by making the rules for the comp a bit different to the usual. Instead of indidvidual minis, make people take photos of say 3 minis at once, then they can be judged individualy from there. This makes it alot harder for someone to just take a photo from a Gamesday and enter it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It is a very good idea, although to get a good view of the painted model they would have to photographed from several angles...

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I think a good way of proving that the pic of the mini is 'legal' would be to for example have a little sign next to the mini with 'L-O' or something written on it.

But seriously... Would anyone really cheat in a contest like this? I mean it's not like there are any amazing prizes or anything and I think we can trust eachother on this forum, right?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Trust me... there are a lot of people out there with cruel intentions
The newspaper thing could be something, how about using the latest issue of say... time, White dwarf or something else that is a bit more limited...

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
If a painting comp goes ahead. I think there should be 4 judges.
3 of who will be working at one time. Having 4 judges would allows the judges themselves to take part, having the other 3 mark their work.

OR you could just have 3 judges, who of course would not be able to take part.

As far as I know a new compo is in the pipeline, but as to what and when it will be I can't say o.o

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Should be something like that.
The best thing is to have as many independent judges as possible.
Then you get the average from all of these.
In addition, when judging there should be sertain points that should be looked at, like choise of colour, highlight, basing, wether the model fits into the spirit of the game and so on...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.