Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After FINALLY finishing my dwarfs I am going to start painting my lizardmen army. I was thinking their scales could be a bone color and use a blackish grey or brown for the flesh.

my questions are, How do you get a good bone, I've been trying different things out but cannont find one I like. Also, what color do you think would look good on the weapons. I was thinking red but i thought it might look weird with the bone scales.

Thanks for your Input

-ThatGuy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for your bone method, it ended up working really nicely. Unfortunetly the greyish black did not turn out very well and I can't decide on a color for the "skin". Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dont know about you guys, but Im basing my LM army off the fluff for the city of tlax(city of ghosts) bisicall I spray em black, A codex grey drybrushing over the scales, highlighted with white, some other details, sheild is a green that sort of looks glowing when I do it right, and the eyes are painted in stages of yellow to green to appear to be glowing.
but thats just me ^^

·
Registered
451 Posts
What an odd occurence, we share the same avatar, and almost the same colour scheme. My Zards are black undercoated, drybrushed with a few shades of grey, scales are red to orange, green eyes with shining gold metalics.

Also my army is based around the city of Xahutec, they are the fogotten army that inhabit the tainted city, lurking the shadowy streets and keeping chaos at bay.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I started my lizzies back I think in 2003 when the models were still hunched over, only got like 2 boxes though =P But ever since I've had difficulty deciding on how to paint my saurus. It's funny because I have a unit that all my friends call my gay pride block. Basicly I had tried sooo many different color schemes on them that almost each is a different color. Yet I've finally decided on my lizzies. Their underbelly will be a codex grayI think, and their scales black with highlights of gray to white, then wash it all with black. That why my saurus are sort of a neutral tone because my skinks are painted in groups of 13, each group a different bright color. Examples so far, Orange with blue scales, dark blue with orange scales, lime green with purple scales, and one "death unit" that's actually black with warpaint. I'll post pictures soon as everyone that's seen my army wide idea for war paint goes crazy for it.

So to wrap this up I'll throw you all the random colored saurus I've done so far and maybe you'll find one to your liking.

Traditional GW blue
Goblin green under, dark angels scales
Blood red under, dark red scales
Yellow under, black scales
Orange under, black scales
Bleach bone under, purple scales
Yellow under, dark angels scales
Tourquios under, dark blue scales

·
Registered
451 Posts
The war paint sounds interesting, i would love to see it. I also tried a black flesh, and slightly lighter scales with red war paint scheme, which did not look all that bad, however, being the lazy sod that i am, i found going with the black skin/red scale sheme was a little quicker and thats the way i went.

I will hopefully pin up some pics of my army in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.