Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day I finally decided it was about time I painted my obliterators.
But then I came to the skinny like feature on the obliterators...
How Should I do it?

I started experimenting... painted it first blazing orange, let it to dry, and then highlighted it with bronzed flesh...
Strangely enough the outcome was not som bad, actually quite good, so I think I'll stick to the theme...
But how do you other people out there paint them?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd paint them red gore base, with bronzed flesh and elf flesh drybrushes, respectively. It seems like a good, almost blood-soaked skin tone.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could try that too...
I'll see if I can get my hands on a digital camera today or something, then I'll post the rusult I gained with the orange and flesh mix...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
What I did was ridiculously simple, but looks pretty kewl: I just painted the fleshy things with Bleached Bone or Rotting Flessh (I think it was RF), and when that was dry, I painted a watered down coat of Blood Red on top of it (make sure this is very wet). Like I said, really simple, but it gets a nice effect :) .

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm so peeved :angry:
I had just finished my Oblit squad when they released the new ones, although they look cool as I'm not going to get them. My opponents are just going to have to shoot at half sized ones.
Plus a squad costs $90 Australian for three minis.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing wrong about that...
I still have my old obliterators lying around, just in case I need lots of points...

Hey bornin: your painting sounds a bit interesting... the red ink giving the all needed red in the picture and the ink making it shiny... like blood, fresh blood.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hey I still use my old ones. I got 3 oldies and 3 newbies (why does that sounds stupid), and I tend to use all 6 of em in battles large enough for it. My opponent never complained about it, heck the old Obliterators are even sold on the online store so there's nothing wrong with using em.

And yeah, the bloody flesh was the entire idea behind it, it looks pretty cool IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.