Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Undersecretary of Decay
184 Posts
I have never tried it, but I think that look could be acheived by mixing some super-fine sand with a 2:1 mix of Scorched brown:Blazing orange. It is the texture that makes it really look like rust.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I often use brown washes over metalics to make things look rusty. I find the ink leaves the metal looking metal but puts some brown tint in there which makes it look rusty. I think when looking at the rust there you said it looks like felt. I think the person who painted it has given it a coat of matt varnish after painting it. The matt varnish helps to make it look like rust as it makes it less reflective and clean compared to rest of the metal areas.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
How I do rust? As GW does...

Dark Flesh drybrush --> Staple Blazing Orange --> drybrush Chaos Black :)

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
This definitely looks like a rust patina - probably something as Wraith suggested or another brand. I have used Modern Options Rust patina in the past to really good effect. Works great on larger things such as dreadnoughts and scenery - not quite so believable on smaller areas... ;)

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
Well I think they did that like this (or at least how I would): Dab a bit of plasic glue on he rusted part, wait for it to be almost dry, and then lightly tap the glue with your finger repeatedly, creating a rough texure (remember to do this from different angles or you'll just get a fingerprint. after that you should just paint it as normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.