Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would look good since I already painted my first spearmen silver chainmail and hawk tuquoise lining (like the HE book shows). I was thinking of painting the chainmail turquoise and the lining white. Do you think that would look good or not?

·
706 Posts
spikevash13 said:
I was wondering if it would look good since I already painted my first spearmen silver chainmail and hawk tuquoise lining (like the HE book shows). I was thinking of painting the chainmail turquoise and the lining white. Do you think that would look good or not?

well, i personally wouldnt think it would look that great. but thats because i dont personally like colored metal(like green, red, blue, just make it metallic i say!) but if you made the turquoise metallic first it might look good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^I agree, metal has to be at least a bit metallic to stop it looking sort of childish.

This idea is pretty similar to yours but I think it would probably give a slightly better result. If you paint them chainmail (Personally I'd try mithril silver aswell and see which you prefer) and then wash over with heavily watered down hawk turquoise. It would still be metallic but it would have the turquoise glimmer. Eavy metal did something similar with some dragon princes, if memory serves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts