Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Over Christmas I started assembling my Varghulf, but it didn't take me long to stop. See, I'm not sure if I should just glue everything together and then try and paint it, or if I should paint it in pieces and then glue it together...

So, I turn to you for advice. Have any of you painted a Varghulf? Did you paint it fully assembled, or in pieces? And, which ever way you did it, did you have any problems getting to obscured parts or some such?

If it helps, I currently have the 'unfurled' wing glued on. The 'folded' wing (which is my main worry regarding obscuring parts of the rest of the model) and the legs are still unattached. I don't think the legs will prove much of a problem, but that folded wing really has me worried.

Cheers for any advice you can offer!
Deadstar_MRC

·
Registered
366 Posts
I purchased a varg a while back and its now one of my favorite paint jobs, I assembled without pinning, there is alot of surface area for the glue to connect too so its a very solid fit, I think the vargh should be fully assembled. ( its only slightly hard to get the inner feet and thats only if you glue to base for grip

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
When I get round to painting mine I think I'll do the folded left wing separate, just because a model like that you don't want to miss a detail and you can't get away with as easily compared to say a unit with shields. So I'd say it's better to do the left wing on it's own before attaching it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I glued mine and then started painting it. It was going well but then I drpooed it and it broke (I really need to learn pinning techniques).

Either way I certainly found it easier to paint bits seperately, but either way works.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the tips thus far! I'm thinking, bearing your advice in mind, that I will leave the folded wing off for painting. Though this of course is going to cause problems if (when?) I need to greenstuff the gap between the wing and the body...

Hmmm. I guess I can fill the gap as best I can while not actually attaching the wing. That might work.

·
Hominus Nocturnum
529 Posts
What I did was a dry fit everything together then glued the legs on. This This way if you see a spot you need to green stuff you can. Mine has since been dropped and fell apart and I simply haven't had the energy to piece him back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts