Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to give a Chosen Terminator a pair of lighting claws ? In the rules for them it tells you can get one lighting claw +5. But I am trying to find out if you can give them a pair of lighting claws.

Thanks for your help.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Not without upgrading them to an Aspiring Champion and then paying the prohibitedly high price out of the armoury. There is no other way for Chaos Terminators to have a pair of L-Claws.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Though Caluin is right (surprise;)) I wouuld like to add this:

When you upgrade him you get +1A, he can still get the first Lightning claw for the low price in the chosen entry (this would in fact mean 2 Lcl's for the prise of one, in gameterms), then you could get D.mutation cheaper then the armoury Lcl, or just get another single Lcl from the armoury at the normal cost.

·
451 Posts
Hey,

Caluin said:
Not without upgrading them to an Aspiring Champion.
Plus, Citadel doesn't produce a representative Chaos Termi model.

FWIW, the metal loyalist Termi RH Claw has no Imperial insignia.

Swap out the Chaos Termi Champ's RH with one of these, and bam:

Chaos Termi Champ w/ 2x LClaws!

HTH

Playa

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Andusciassus said:
When you upgrade him you get +1A, he can still get the first Lightning claw for the low price in the chosen entry (this would in fact mean 2 Lcl's for the prise of one, in gameterms), then you could get D.mutation cheaper then the armoury Lcl, or just get another single Lcl from the armoury at the normal cost.
What do you mean here, andusciassus? you still have to buy a second LC if you want to do this, and a pair is 5 more than a single claw so it makes no difference- from the way you explained it there is no free LC- especially since d.mutation is more that that. If you could explain why I'm wrong or better word your response then that would be most helpful, but now I'm not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
671 Posts
monsieurcartier said:
What do you mean here, andusciassus? you still have to buy a second LC if you want to do this, and a pair is 5 more than a single claw so it makes no difference- from the way you explained it there is no free LC- especially since d.mutation is more that that. If you could explain why I'm wrong or better word your response then that would be most helpful, but now I'm not sure what you mean.
If you are buying for an Asp Champ then you pay the lesser cost for D.mutation and 1 lightning claw, which makes it a good buy.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
monsieurcartier said:
No, he's saying that the Aspiring Champion can still buy the reduced price for the single Lightning Claw avaliable to all Chosen Terminators, which is significantly cheaper than buying one from the armoury. Then you buy Daemonic Mutation, which nets you +2 attacks (1 for the Champion upgrade, one for the mutation) and you come out 15 points cheaper than if you were to buy a pair from the armoury.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That would depend on what you put in his other hand. And how good at greenstuffing you were.

What else would you give him though? Or would you just want to cash in on this cheap option and splash out elsewhere? IMO big squads of chosen terminator champs are more of a n00b thing that people grow out of after a few weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts