Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has already been discussed in a previous thread I apologize and plz direct me to it.

I have always drooled on the destructive power of Pariahs but any time I field them they are obviously seen as a huge threat and are immediately pelted from a distance until they are no more. Even though their toughness is high its an easy kill point comparing to most other necron units.

If anyone uses and/or swears by Pariahs plz tell me how you field them and your effectiveness with them. I'm more or less looking for a reason to run them in my army lists without worries that I'm throwing valuable pts down the drain.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't swear by them but I've been using them in almost every 2000pt game (only because I don't have other models to field, 2000pt is maxed out for me). But now that I've got some more destroyers, I think they'll be going back on the shelf.

Now, to share my experiences. I use the pariahs in a support role. I simply set up my phalanxes as normal, then placing the pariahs in the middle somewhere so they can benefit from friendly cover saves. Not only does this make them more survivable, you can whisk them out in a pinch when you need them the most. Particularly when your warriors are assaulted by something that has a very low save/inv saves (terminators especially), you can throw the pariahs in to cut through those saves and make the CC a little bit more winnable.

It works rather well but in my experience, most of my opponents rarely get close enough to be able to assault in the first place. Pariahs are good if used properly but the points can definitely be better spent on other units. The only time in the foreseeable future that I may take pariahs again is when I'm opting for the Deceiver synergy combo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Being unable to teleport certainly hinders them... well a lot. But used in team ups with Flayed Ones (FO in front) they provide some shooting power to the FO and are given cover by the FO squad. Plus with the FO forcing moral checks every turn and Pariahs lowering moral to 7 makes for a very nice synergy. A squad of Pariahs is also great for hunting independant characters, just keep them out of LOS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts