Librarium Online Forums banner

Who will triumph in this slugfest - the Champion Space Wolves or the Challenger Orks

• Wolves will have green orks and ham for breakfast.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Draw.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Space Wolves aren't the champs...they're chumps cuz da orks'll waagh all ova dem.

Votes: 18 39.1%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone here from LO has put up a challenge against my Space Wolves and I have accepted. I will be playing against the army in a couple of days. Check back later for the results.

2500pts

SPACE WOLVES (My list)

Ragnar Blackmane
Rune Priest Blackheart - Chooser, Wolftooth Necklace, Jaws, Living Lightning
Rune Priest Loki - Chooser, Meltabombs, Wolftooth Necklace, Hurricane, Living Lightning
Rune Priest Goldmoon - Wolftooth Necklace, Hurricane, Jaws

5x Wolf Guards - 5x Combi-meltas, 5x Powerfists (attached to Grey Hunters)
Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor, Multi-melta (Ragnar + 10 GH's here)

10x Grey Hunters - 2x Meltaguns, Power weapon, Wolf Standard (Ragnar here)
8x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino (RP here)
9x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino

6x Long Fangs Alpha - 2x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers
6x Long Fangs Beta - 2x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers
5x Long Fangs Gamma - 2x Plasma Cannons, 2x Missile Launchers

ORKS (Challenger's list)

Warboss - Power klaw, kombi shoota skorca, 'eavy armor, cybork body, attack squig - 120
Big Mac - Kustom force field - 85

10x Lootas - 150
10x Lootas - 150

2x Lootas 75
3x Mek boyz - 3x big shootas

10x Nobz - Cybork bodies, 'eavy armor - 600
1 - Power klaw, kombi shoota skorca, bosspole
2 - Power klaw, kombi shoota skorca
3 - Power klaw, shoota
4 - Big choppa, kombi shoota skorca, Waagh banner
5 - Big choppa, kombi shoota skorca
6 - Big choppa, shoota
7 - Choppa, kombi shoota skorca
8 - Choppa, kombi shoota rokkit
9 - Choppa + shoota
10 - Painboy
Battle wagon - Deff rolla, armor plates, grot riggers, big shoota

11x Boyz - Choppas + shootas - 152
Nob - Power klaw, bosspole
Truck - Reinforced ram

Truck - Reinforced ram

Truck - Reinforced ram

Truck - Reinforced ram

29x Boyz - Shootas - 230
2x Big shootas

3x War buggys - Twin-linked rokkits - 105
3x War buggys - Twin-linked rokkits - 105

3x Kannons - 60
Looted wagon - Boomgun - 105
Looted wagon - Boomgun - 105

Ok, people, all bets are now on! Let's get it on! ;)

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Aren't Rune Priests HQ choices? You have 4 total HQ's, how?

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlike other Marine chapters, Space Wolves can take up to 4 HQ's - 2 per FOC slot.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
A tough matchup to be sure - the orks have a lot of dakka and can very easily dump a ton of wounds on a wolf squad a turn, yet they lack enough weapons to take the land raider and getting charged by ragnar and those grey hunters is going to hurt.

Those nobs are going to be a real beast, but that battlewagon is gonig to take every missile and lascannon in the list to the face first turn so I question it's ability to stay alive long enough to get close enough for the nobs to bundle out and do some krumping.

I feel that the long fangs will be the deciding factor for this battle - if they can pop all the ork vehicles wolves will mercilessly crush the orks.

Also: I didn't know that McDonalds burgers came packed with forcefields.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A tough matchup to be sure - the orks have a lot of dakka and can very easily dump a ton of wounds on a wolf squad a turn, yet they lack enough weapons to take the land raider and getting charged by ragnar and those grey hunters is going to hurt.
They have at least one thing that could quite likely take out the land raider, the dethroller. Just get close to the landraider, disembark the boyz, ram it for D6 S10 hits and then assault the gray hunters + Ragnar after they get out. Of course that entirely depends on the wagon surviving long enough to do that, and be in a good position to do it at all. The Kustom Force Field should help them with that, as well as the target saturation.

Still, it looks like it's going to be a tough and fun battle to me, can't wait to see how it goes!

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
They have at least one thing that could quite likely take out the land raider, the dethroller. Just get close to the landraider, disembark the boyz, ram it for D6 S10 hits and then assault the gray hunters + Ragnar after they get out. Of course that entirely depends on the wagon surviving long enough to do that, and be in a good position to do it at all. The Kustom Force Field should help them with that, as well as the target saturation.
I feel that as scary as the trukk boyz are, the grey hunters can deal with them on reasonably even terms thanks to counter attack and the BP+CCW, so those long fangs will be aiming to annhilate that wagon as soon as possible.

As good as a KFF is most wagons have truly monstrous diemensions making side-armour shots a very real possibility, making its survivability a real issue.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My strategy: depending on the deployment type, I would deploy both lascannon Long Fangs on opposite corners to try to hit his vehicles on side armor. Even with the KFF, I should be able to take out he battlewagon without much problem considering the amount of firepower I have. I'm not concerned about the small trukk boyz squads at all, but I need to take care of the nobs. A Ragnar multi-assault with 2-3 squads should take care of them with the sheer number of attacks I get. With the sheer amount of bodies+speed that the orks have, they may have a slight advantage in seize ground missions, but in the other 2 - capture and control and annihilation - I think I will have the advantage.

Ork strategy: my opponent has a very fast army and needs to use that to his advantage. He can't ignore my LF's and need to send some trukk boyz after them as well. Take out as much of my rhinos with his lootas and boomguns as he can. While I can be quite shooty, I think I will take this fight in the assault phases. Take out my mobility and then his lootas can concentrate on my LF's. Sacrifice a smaller unit by using it as a screen for Ragnar's charge if possible and counter-charge him. Ragnar is just devastating on the charge. That's how I think he should play it.

Also: I didn't know that McDonalds burgers came packed with forcefields.
Yeah, there's a surprise in every Orky 'appy meal.

·
510 Posts
My main first turn tagets are the long fangs fireing lootas at them with a half way decent roll i should be able to drop all 3 units on turn one well that is with lootas and big shootas and my buggys and booguns if need be but the long fangs muct die early if i want my BW to stick around and on that all 1st turn shooting should go to that and only that objective as far as movement gose i dont think i would rush evreything forwared i would rather move the trucks and BW 6in and shoot alot and zoom the buggys out forwared to shoot stuff.

objectives
moveing
1 move trucks and BW up 6in shoot buggys out twored long fangs move shoota boys twoerd long fangs
shooting
1. concentrate fire on long fangs start with the lootas then the big shootas then the rockits/kannons then boom guns.
2. If the lootas and big shootas manage to take down each long fang unit to 0-2 guys then focuse the rest of my fire on his rinos with rockits and then template exposed mariens with boom guns. Once again long fangs are main priority.

Turn 2
Move
Time to use that speed move trucks and BW 12 in twored the enemy but stay in the trucks unless there is a unit already a enemy unit out on foot.
Shoot
1. finish off long fangs with big shootas take out rinos with rockits kannons and lootas then template stuff to death.
assult.
take the boyz that are out of the trucks and hit the mangled enemy units.

basicly this is going to come down to who gose first and how the dice treat us both im not scared of ragnar or the psykers the only thing in his list that worrys me are the long fangs but i think i can get rid of them on turn one with some good shooting.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@tinytim:

18-1-1...that's a very impressive record. Guess I can't take this army too lightly. Just prepare for 18-2-1 record afterwards. jk. ;)

Just curious, would you prefer to go 1st or 2nd in this scenario?

·
510 Posts
to be honist most of the time i like to go second but in this situation i would really like to go first but then again i dont thing going second would be bad i mean it depends on how things look if i go second i can see how you are deployed and put stuff out acordingly to minimize your shooting and maxamize mine witch is exactly what you will do if you go second and hope to steal the inisutive eather way it dose not matter if you get your deployment right all and all if your bro is smart he will know what to do no matter what he gets if we go first do a basic set up and hope you dont steal if we go second deny as much shoting as you can wile maximizeing mine basicly keep the important crap away from the long fangs. Now that i am done rambleing 1st second i dont much care.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, we just finished the game. Write-up of batrep to follow shortly.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pre-game Thoughts:
The ork list is a fairly balanced one insofar as orks go, I guess. Other than the nobs in battlewagon, I think I can handle it. I've got to watch out for the lootas, however, as in my previous experiences with them, if they get 2-3 shots per, they'll most likely wreck 1 rhino per squad a turn or even wipe out my Long Fangs. Yes, their shooting is not to be taken lightly.

Mission: Capture and Control

Now, as with this type of mission there is a high chance for a draw, we decided to have a secondary objective of Annihilation, meaning if primary (objectives) was a draw, Kill Points would determine the victor.

Deployment: Spearhead
First Turn: Orks

Deployment
There is a large 12"x12" ruins on my left in the middle, 2 area terrains in each deployment zone and another area terrain near the center of the board. On the right in the middle are a cluster of 3 impassable terrains.

Orks choose the bottom left quadrant as their deployment zone. He deployed 2x10 lootas in the multi-level ruins so that they all have cover (ugh...they'll be hard to get rid of now). He deploys the battlewagon as far forward as possible with the 2 units of warbuggies flanking it. Directly behind them are 3 trukks. Behind the trukks towards the right are the kannons and behind the kannons are the 2 looted wagons (thus getting cover) and the squad of lootas/3 meks in between to start repairing things should the LW's get immobilised or lose their guns. Behind the trukks on the left is the large mob of 30 shoota boys.

He places his objective in the ruins and 1 trukk with boys by it and out of LOS.

I deployed both squads of lascannon LF's near the middle impassable terrain (one on my short table edge to be far away from the range of his looted wagons' boomguns) while trying to minimize the orks' LOS to them. I deploy my plasma-LF's much closer and in area terrain (within range and full view of his lootas). I then deploy the land raider crusader and Loki's unit in front, turned sideways so that they offer as much cover as possible to the rest of my units. Behind them are 1 unit of lascannon-LF's, HQ-less Grey Hunters (in rhinos, of course) and Goldmoon's unit. Behind that is Blackheart's unit. Once again, I forget that I can't start Ragnar off in the LRC.

I place my objective near my short board edge and by the impassable terrain.

I failed to steal initiative.

One thing I'd like to mention was that throughout the game, it got very congested in the middle of the map. Overall shooting was not very effective as a lot of units had their LOS blocked.

Orks Turn 1
All units advance at full speed, except the 1 trukk by his objective which just stays there and the kannons and looted wagons which only move 6". His shooting wrecks Loki's rhino and luckily only kills 2 from the plasma-LF's.

Objectives: SW: 0, Orks: 1
Kill Points: SW: 0, Orks: 1

Space Wolves Turn 1
I move my LRC and 2 rhinos forwards 12", popping smoke on 1. Loki's unit spread out into the area terrain shared by the plasma-LF's. Blackheart's rhino only moves 6" so he can use Living Lightning. The LRC, moving so that the lascannon-LF's and Blackheart's unit has LOS to shoot, rams into a warbuggy only to shake it. In my shooting phase, all 3 units of Long Fangs whiff big time, only managing to kill a total of 2 lootas. 2 Living Lightning's also only manage to shake 1 warbuggy. Ughh.

Orks Turn 2
The BW rams my LRC, managing to shake it and destroy it's multi-melta. His warbuggies did move to block the access points of my LRC so that I couldn't disembark Ragnar's unit. His shooting - his lootas, kannons, warbuggies and looted wagons - is pathetic and doesn't do any damage whatsoever. No assaults yet as he didn't want to expose and sacrifice his troops.

Space Wolves Turn 2
This turn my shooting gets hot, though I couldn't do anything to his battlewagon with 2 meltas and the LRC's assault cannon. My LRC tries to ram his warbuggy to get out but doesn't do anything. The plasma-LF's shoots and take down 5 lootas (even with a 3+ cover from going-to-ground) and they break. 1 lascannon-LF's immobilises and destroys the cannon from a looted wagon and the other lascannon-LF's, without much of a choice in targets, takes out one of the twin-linked rokkits from 1 of the warbuggies. My Grey Hunters wreck 2 buggies with their shooting (got 2 immobilise results, which becomes wrecks because of squadron rules). The stormbolter from Blackheart's rhino wrecks another warbuggy from the other squadron (another immobilise -> wreck result). Finally, my GH's wreck 1 trukk and Loki explodes another trukk using Living Lightning, killing 1 Grey Hunter and 2 orks in the explosion.

Kill Points: SW: 2, Orks: 1

Orks Turn 3
The lootas that were falling back manages to regroup and considate towards the ruins. 1 warbuggy immobilises itself on difficult terrain, thus wrecking itself so now each warbuggy squadron only consists of 1 buggy each. The BW once again rams my LRC but this time it doesn't do anything to it. The Meks repair the boomgun on the looted wagon and it's blast kills 3 Grey Hunters. The other squad of lootas wreck Goldmoon's rhino.

Finally, the orks assault. 1 unit assaults 1 squad of GH's (without HQ), killing 1 but losing 6 and gets swept for their efforts. Loki's unit is double-teamed by 2 squads of ork boys. They wipe out the Grey Hunters (though Loki survives 4 power klaw attacks) and only lose 3 total. Loki manages to pass morale and they stay locked in combat.

Kill Points: SW: 3, Orks: 3

Space Wolves Turn 3
What I feared would happen did happen - my LRC immobilises itself on the middle terrain trying to get out of its predicament. Great. It was my main strategy and only hope to contest the ork objective. Now that plan goes out the window. It'll be really hard to get to his objective now. On the bright side, one of my rhinos which was immobilised earlier on repairs itself.

I disembark Ragnar & company, but had to do so in dangerous terrain (the wrecked trukk blocking my LRC's access point). While doing so, 1 Grey Hunter and more importantly, my power weapon/wolf standard GH dies to dangerous terrain. Just perfect...the 1 guy I needed alive had to croak on me. My plasma-LF's only kill 1 loota and the lascannon-LF's stun the immobilised looted wagon. I do get a lucky break as my LRC's assault cannon wrecks his healthy looted wagon. Murderous Hurricane, rhino stormbolters and a Power of the Machine Spirit hurricane bolters manage to only kill 6 shoota boys.

My HQ-less squad of GH's (the one that swept his ork boys) and Ragnar's unit assault the battlewagon (another GH from Ragnar's unit dies to dangerous terrain). Ragnar himself single-handedly wrecks the wagon and the nobs are forced to disembark on top of their wreck, taking 1 dangerous terrain (DT) wound in the process. Goldmoon's unit charges into the 2 ork boys/Loki melee. Loki gets power-klawed to a pulp, but Goldmoon's unit manages to wipe out all but the nob in 1 ork boy unit. The Space Wolves win and sweep both ork boy units.

Kill Points: SW: 7, Orks: 4

To be continued....

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Orks Turn 4
The nobs move around to get a better "skorcha" angle on my unit of GH's and Ragnar's unit. Since he is moving through dangerous terrain (the BW wreck), 2 nobs take DT wounds after failing their Inv and FNP saves. In his shooting phase, the warbuggies immobilise Blackheart's rhino and the lootas kill off 5-6 GH's from Goldmoon's unit due to poor saves. Now for the pain - the nobs do about 13-15 wounds to the GH unit and 30+ wounds to Ragnar's unit from skorchas and shootas. This time, however, I roll well for my saves and only lose 2 from the GH squad (including the power weapon) and 5 from Ragnar's unit (including 1 melta). They then charge the 2 units. Ragnar does 1W to the warboss and my GH's do another wound to a choppa. Another choppa gets insta-killed by my Pfist. In return, the nobs wipe out everyone except Ragnar and 1 Pfist from his unit. Ragnar passes morale. The nobs then pile-in and while doing so, a big choppa nob dies to dangerous terrain.

Kill Points: SW: 7, Orks: 5

Space Wolves Turn 4
I move one of my empty rhinos 12" towards his objective and pop smoke. Goldmoon's unit moves to get a good shooting position. He then jaws the big shoota squad - jaws hits the nob and continued on until it also hit the painboy, warboss, Ragnar and a PK-nob. Very lucky for him, only the shoota nob dies. Blackheart disembarks from his rhino and jaws the shoota boys and his jaws continued on towards the 5-man loota squad that had just regrouped last turn. 2 lootas die, they fail morale and then run away without a chance to regroup. My lascannon-LF's wreck a looted wagon. The plasma-LF's and LRC gun down 12 shoota boys. The other lascannon-LF's shoot down 1 warbuggy and kills 1 loota. The explosion from the warbuggy also takes out 1 of my lascannon-LF's. The GH's that remained in Blackheart's rhino meltas the last warbuggy and explodes it.

In assault, the warboss PK's Ragnar to death and the Big Mac kills my Pfist. They consolidate out of the dangerous terrain and in doing so, the warboss and Waugh banner both takes a wound from DT.

Kill Points: SW: 11, Orks: 7

Orks Turn 5
He starts making his move towards my objective to contest. His last trukk moves towards my objective and tank shocks the plasma-LF's in its way. I decide to do a death&glory and my plasma-LF wrecks it. His lootas put 1W on Goldmoon. The unit of lootas w/meks also manage to shoot down the power weapon GH from Goldmoon's unit.

In assault, the nobs move towards my objectives and assaults the rhino that was in their way, immobilising it and destroying its stormbolter. The shoota boys (I believe they only had about 6-8 left) charges Goldmoon's unit, which only had 2 left. They kill Goldmoon but lose 2 in the battle and I proceed to sweep them. My lone Pfist consolidates 5" towards the ruins where his objective was.

Kill Points: SW: 13, Orks: 8

Space Wolves Turn 5
Here I make a crucial, crucial mistake. I go for my own objective. It was a mistake in that there was a chance I wouldn't make it. I should have started going for my objective last turn. My GH's disembark from Blackheart's rhino and moves towards my objective. I believe I needed at least a 3" run to make it but I only roll 2". Dohhhh!!!!!

My lone Pfist moves and runs into the ruins and stay out of LOS from his lootas. Blackheart gets back into his immobilised rhino (he'll have an angle to jaws the nobs next turn). Both my lascannon LF's reposition themselves to get better shooting view of his nobs. One of my plasma-LF's Gets Hot and dies, but not before the other members take out another loota. Then my plasma-LF's fail their morale due to the Gets Hot wound and run off the table. Lol. Blackheart Living Lightnings the lootas and kill 3 (he opted not to go-to-ground)...they break and run away without a chance to regroup.

Since the nobs were still in base-to-base to the rhino, they attack it and explode it. I was actually glad that happened, because the ensuing explosion also kills his warboss (wounded him on a 6 and he failed both his armor and FNP).

Kill Points: SW: 15, Orks: 10

Now for the crucial roll. If the game was to end now, the Space Wolves would lose due to not having an objective. We roll to see if the game continues and the game....

To be continued....

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The game continues....

Orks Turn 6
Although it was near-suicide to go after my objectives, the orks needed to contest it in order to have any chance of winning so his Nobs head on over there. His last trukk moves forward and the boyz spread out running to try to prevent my lone Pfist from getting within contesting range of his objective (while still claiming their objective). The meks from his lootas kill the sergeant of one of my lascannon-LF's and his kannons get their 1st kill of the game when they take out 1 missile launcher LF. No assaults.

Kill Points: SW: 15, Orks: 10

Space Wolves Turn 6
My GH's reach my objective. There was no way my Pfist could get through his spread-out mob, however, I was very sneaky. I bypassed them by going onto the second level of the ruin (since there was 5 levels, we played each level as only 2") making a great 6" difficult terrain move. Now if my run move is 5-6", I'd probably be within contesting range of his objective. Fortunately for him, I only roll 1" for my run move. Oh well, I tried.

Blackheart suffers Perils on snake-eyes but jaws still goes off, killing his Waugh banner nob. My 2 LF's double-team his nobs and kill off all the rest of his nobs except the Big Mac (he couldn't make a save to save his life literally).

We see if the game continues and it does.

Objectives: SW: 1, Orks: 1
Kill Points: SW: 16, Orks: 10

Orks Turn 7
Not much else he can do now. His ork boyz fails to shoot down my lone Pfist but they do manage to assault and kill him. His Big Mac hides instead of committing suicide by going for my objective which he wouldn't reach anyways. His kannons claim another victim by killing another LF.

Kill Points: SW: 16, Orks: 11

Space Wolves Turn 7
Living Lightning and my LF's kill another 2 orks but nothing else happens.

Kill Points: SW: 16, Orks: 11

Victory to the Space Wolves!

Post-Game Analysis:
At the end of the game, I had the remaining units still alive:

Blackheart
1x Grey Hunter unit (on objective)
1x immobilised rhino
1x immobilised LRC
2x Long Fangs

He still had the following units:

Big Mek
1x Lootas
1x Kannons
1x Ork boys (on objective)
1x Trukk

After the game we realized that when he Waaghed on Turn 5, one and maybe even both of his lootas that were falling back should have recovered. With all the LOS-blocking wreckage and them being out of position due to falling back, I don't believe they would've been able to make a difference but at least he wouldn't have lost 2 KP's.

So assuming they both recover, final KP tally should be more like SW: 14, Orks: 11.

Overall it was a very close game and if not for the secondary objective, it would've been a draw.

My MVP for the game would have to be my Grey Hunters for getting most of the kill points, though my Long Fangs were a close 2nd.

The Ork MVP I would have to say belongs to his Big Mek for making it unbelievably tough to kill any of his vehicles, though the warboss did make back 2x his points when he killed Ragnar.

·
510 Posts
nice job dude the only thing i would have done difrent was not move evreything full speed on 1st turn and i would have put the 30 boys on the objective rather than a truck then i would have focused all my fire power on your long fangs so it would have been 2 units of lootas a hole lot of big shootas both boom guns i would have ignored evreything else till second turn

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the reports jy2, and I really like this Wolf build. I'll make sure I add it or something similar to my group's playtest gauntlet for Ard Boyz.

Just curious, if you were to shrink this army down to 1850/2000, what would it look like? I've been casting around trying to find a strong Wolf list at that level that I actually like. I've seen a few that are pretty strong, but I don't want to go anywhere near a Maximum Overdrive type of list, or piles of TWC.

To trim the points, I thought a starting place might be to get rid of one of the Priests, one Wolf Guard, one 8-man GH unit, and one LF unit (probably beta). Don't have point values in front of me...would that scale it down to around 2k? Or would you trim the points differently?

Anyone else with any experience with SW, feel free to chime in as well. This list just struck me as one of my favorite builds I've run across...seems to be a good combination of very strong, but also fun to play (some hard hitting unit, strong firepower, strong central unit in Land Raider, psyker shenanigans...not one-dimensional).

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well what is your list? Pm me and i will brew something up. I specialise in 1500 points and i am starting 1750, but i could 2000 points without too much of a fuss. I am afriad however, that it might mean either 4 rune priests or 3 squads of long fangs.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I was debating on which 1850 list to use. They're basically a scaled down version of my 'Ard Boyz lists:

1850pts SPACE WOLVES

List #1 - Land Raider
Ragnar Blackmane
Rune Priest Loki - Chooser, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Rune Priest Goldmoon - Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

3x Wolf Guards - Combi-meltas, Power Fists (attached to Grey Hunters)
Land Raider - Extra Armor

8x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard
Rhino
Rhino

Land Speeder - Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta

5x Long Fangs - 4x Missile Launchers
Vindicator

List #2 - More Troops
Ragnar Blackmane
Rune Priest Loki - Chooser, Meltabombs, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Rune Priest Goldmoon - Chooser, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

Rhino
Rhino
Rhino
10x Grey Hunters - 2x Meltaguns, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard
Rhino

Vindicator

List #3 - Most Troops
Ragnar Blackmane
Rune Priest Loki - Meltabombs, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Rune Priest Goldmoon - Chooser, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

Rhino
Rhino
Rhino
Rhino
Rhino

6x Long Fangs - 5x Missile Launchers
6x Long Fangs - 5x Missile Launchers

I finally settled for this build for my 1850 tournament list:

1850 Space Wolves 7th Company
Ragnar Blackmane
Rune Priest Loki - Artificer Armor, Chooser, Meltabombs, Wolftooth Necklace, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Rune Priest Goldmoon - Artificer Armor, Chooser, Wolftooth Necklace, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

8x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power Weapon, Wolf Guard, Wolf Standard, Rhino (Ragnar here)
6x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power Weapon, Wolf Guard, Wolf Standard, Rhino (RP here)
6x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power Weapon, Wolf Guard, Wolf Standard, Rhino (RP here)
10x Grey Hunters - 2x Meltaguns, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino

Vindicator

You could swap out the 2nd Rune Priest for something else if you want to get better comp scores for the tournaments. It'll still make for a strong list.

You can find my results for the Space Wolves 1850 list that I used for Dundracon RTT here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.