Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before, but I'm just wondering what you get in the respective boxes/sprues for things.
My main questions are; do you get enough parts in the Tyrant box to give it 2x TL Devourers? Do you get enough rending claws in a warrior box to equip them all? Does the 'Fex box REALLY come with everything?

If the answer of these is "no", has anyone got any ways to "fill in the gaps"?

Cheers all!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My main questions are; do you get enough parts in the Tyrant box to give it 2x TL Devourers?
No; only one pair of Devourers.
Do you get enough rending claws in a warrior box to equip them all?
No, I think only 1 Pair of Claws comes with a 3 set. At least that was the last time I checked.
Does the 'Fex box REALLY come with everything?
Not quite. It comes with 1 of every option, but only 1 of each ranged weapon type. So while you have 6 heads to choose from you only get one venom cannon.
Ebay and buying more than one for other options. AFAIK, GW does not sell individual parts (minus forge world).

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
This may have been asked before, but I'm just wondering what you get in the respective boxes/sprues for things.
My main questions are; do you get enough parts in the Tyrant box to give it 2x TL Devourers? Do you get enough rending claws in a warrior box to equip them all? Does the 'Fex box REALLY come with everything?

Cheers all!
The Hive tyrant box does not contain any devourers. What you get with the Tyrant is a barbed strangler, venom cannon, scything talons plus a bonesword and lashwhip. You also get some adrenal glands, toxin sacs and carapace. You can make your own twinlinked devourer. Here are some links to to images of Carnifex's of mine. They aren't Tyrant's but the basic principle of how thier twinlinked weapons (devourer and a deathspitter) were converted could help you to do the same for a Hive tyrant's twinlinked devourer. Gaunt/Warrior boxes can provide devourer parts. Send me a private message if you want any explanations about how to make those weapons.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z191/Leech-man/Tyranids/Razorfex1.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z191/Leech-man/Tyranids/Toxifex1.jpg

Here is a link to my album for all the images. Leech-man/Tyranids - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tyranid warriors don't come with enough rending claws for the whole brood, there is only one pair of rending claws in the box. You can use Genestealer arms for your Warriors to deal with this lack of rending limbs. Either Genestealer arm type will work fine and loads of people do this so don't worry about it being considered wrongly equiped Warriors. Give your Genestealers a pair of scything talons to make up for thier donated of limbs.

The Carnifex box contains one pair of all the weapons availiable to it in the army list except for the following. The Carnifex comes with no rending claws and no lashwhip. It does however have two pairs of scything talons. As for heads the Carnifex box has the following, acid maw / standard un-biomorphed / tusked / bioplasma / enhanched senses / regenerate.

There are also bits and pieces such as a horn that can be used as tusked on for example an acid maw head. There are also toxin sacs and the other parts the Hive tyrant has except for the bonesword. You also get a standard carapace, parts to make it into thornback, spore cysts and spinebanks. There is also a scythe and mace tail. I think that's most of it. Hope this helps out.

·
815 Posts
I often order from BattleWagon BITS Home Page for additional parts. "Usually" they are pretty ecconomical. However I just checked the price for an additional set of MC Devourers. 9.99 for a single pair!!! Considering that the TL deathspitters are 1.99, the devourers are a ripoff. IE: high demand for those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its very simple to convert MC deathspitters to another set of devourers. Just snip off the gun section right around where the 'fingers' are located and glue on a devourer tip from a warrior/gaunt set. If you're careful you can't even tell they're modified. They gun section is the same size across all models.
This also works out nice, as the arm for the MC DS is slightly longer, allowing all the arms to fit better. They fit together like they're spooning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts