Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think a squad of 6 will be effective in a 500 point game?

I was thinking that if I put them in a building (2+ cover save) and get a Farseer to cast fortune on them (re-roll those saves) then I can lure the opponent into coming close and getting in range of something nasty like a squad of Dire Avengers with Bladestorm + Doom
or a charge from some Howling Banshees.

What do you guys think?

·
124 Posts
While it may seem tempting, rangers at such a low point value could be a mistake (depends greatly on the army your fighting). rangers excel at killing high value targets as well as big creatures. It combat patrols, it is rare to find these types of units. Even if they do appear it would not be worth taking a ranger squad to counter because a ranger squad could not counter the swarms that could be fielded by another player.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pathfinders... I'd say no.

Rangers, maybe. For 95 points you can get 5 man firing line with enough range to reach across most of the board. That might come in handy in most fights.

Small point games are all about speed. But being able to camp out a good position on the board has some strong value too.

But, the Eldar army is all about trying things out and finding out what does and doesn't work. That got me very discouraged for a very long time. However, the only way to find out is to try it. But don't turn over the board just because it doesn't work. Do, however, be prepared to drop the tactic if its not working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.