Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The consensus appears to be that Pathfinder squads tend to be singled out as the number one priority target and suffer accordingly. My question is whether anyone has trialled shield drones with Pathfinders and, if so, whether it was successful. Naturally, such a course of action isn't going to help against ordnance, but there does seem - to me at least - to be less of that around these days ... ... ...

So then, what are your experiences/views of using one or 2 shield drones as an aid to PF survivability?

~ Raven ~

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So then, what are your experiences/views of using one or 2 shield drones as an aid to PF survivability?
Unless the squad is maxed out already, you should probably just add more Pathfinders. They should be in cover anyway, so you don't benefit too much from the SD's invulnerable save.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I give my Broadsides Shield Drones, because of the fact that the S.Drones also get a 2+ save.
However, you'd only be getting a 4+ save, so why not just take Gun Drones? The only difference is the 4+ Invulnerable save, but your PFs should be in cover, anyways.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Hi, Raven - good to see you on the boards again.

In answer to your actual question: "So then, what are your experiences/views of using one or 2 shield drones as an aid to PF survivability?" I don't use them at all because they are superfluous since the cover save is going to equal their Invulnerable Save, and the cover save is free.

If you're seriously considering spending 30pts on Drones, why not consider a Marker Drone which would increase the total of MLs in the squad?

Personally though, I wouldn't bother with *any* extra drones at all.

E.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I was planning on tossing in 2 gun drones
I used to do this and it worked very well since their stats are almost identical. As a nice bonus, the extra body count means you can lose two models without taking a morale test!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts