Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How this came to be:

So, I am going to a tourney this coming weekend. And rather than my regular list I wanted to try something different, so I threw in 3 Sternguard Vet squads as the heart of my list. I usually use Shrike in my marine lists, but figured I would try something different. Looking through the dex I figured Pedro would be a good fit. Knowing I wouldn't have a chance to pick him up in time (the closest store that *might* have one if 1 1/2 hours away) I got to looking in my bits box and started pulling pieces.

Mostly, his pieces came from a Heavy Bolter trooper. The eagle heads are from a spare commander backpack as well as the cape from the commander sprue, the power fist is from the devastator sprue (I think), the stormbolter came off of a plastic terminator that became an obliterator conversion.

The pics are rough due to the fact that they are courtesy of the camera on my phone. Anyway, here they are.

Paint will probably go on in the next couple of days. And yes I know the fist and the bolter are switched, but that is the side the HB ammo feed comes out on.

Have a great day,

TZ

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's a shame the pictures are so small because I really like the look of this conversion. I'm a fan of the forearm mounted Storm Bolter that the official Kantor model has but it has always struck me as odd that he has a normal backpack. I get the same feeling with the classic Marneus Calger model, so I especially like how you've tied that into the Heavy Bolter backpack.

I may have to have a go at replicating this conversion. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is some better pics. Sorry about the glare. I like the idea of the bigger backpack for the idea of an extended campaign with a commander who is always in the thick of it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
busy day, first layer of paint.

Most of the painting is done. Mostly fiddly little detail bits left that my wife (with her steadier hands) has offered to finish for me. I can proudly say that this is the first model that I have every done with zero drybrushing. The paint job is simple, but it is the first step toward becoming a better painter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. I might have to have a go at trying to fix that. I had a heck of a time lining it up cause of that big fist on top, but never thought to look at it from the back. I must admit he has been great on the table so I fully intend to finish him.

I found some crimson fists vehicle transfers so I may use those to finish it out.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Didn't mean to sound overly critical! Just kind-of annoying, the more you look at it the dafter it looks LOL!

I do like the whole composition though. Not sure I'd have used the powerfist on the banner top myself...looks a little too top heavy. But that's just me ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense taken. Looking back I think I would have probbaly prefered something closer to the size of a standard terminator fist, like the one that holds the storm shield.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Looks great but i agree the fist on top is too big. Other than that it is great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts