Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked to post more of my marine force. I am painting this whole army in stages. I assembled, undercoated and base coated. I then shaded and washed the whole army before moving on to re coat the base colours. This is where you are coming in to see the process of my army being painted and moving towards table top readiness. This thread will probably be going for a while as no one paints an army over night when they are more interested in their Imperial Guard...

Here goes,

the Terminators,

the Scouts

the Tactical Marines, each squad has 8 marines, an apothecary, plasma cannon and a plasma gun.

Close up on the marines

Assault Squad

Close up of the Sword Shoulder Pad that I am using as a motif for the army. The fluff is that they are a founding based upon Dark Angels stock. They are diverse in their tactics because they wish to maintain their purity.

Ok that's enough for now. I am going to use the last marine as an example, so I will paint him in stages. I also like him as he is a really easy conversion and when I play everyone picks him up and says, "Oohh that's pretty cool."

Let me know what you think. I will be adding a link at a near future time to a fluff thread with some fiction and history around these guys. Watch this space...

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
They look pretty good. However some of the part in my opinion could be a little brighter or highlights.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
I love the brown/red color. I must say that I am not a fan of the white guns, they seem chalky in comparison the the smooth and shiny marines. If you mix in some 'Ard Coat with your white paint it will look less chalky and more smooth/shiny like the rest of the models. That way it will be like the marines have the same type of paint for their guns and their armor.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not finished.

I haven't finished any of the guns yet. The white that you see is a mock up I did to check that the white was going to work against the Dark Flesh. The marine in my avatar is a lot closer to finished and I think he shows that the white works and looks a lot better than it does in these WiP images.

I will take some more when the sun comes up as daylight makes for much better photographs..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Love to see some more brown marines, especially a reddish-brown like my Sunhawks 8Y. I don't see the picture you mentioned as a close-up of the shoulderpad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts