Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Here's the latest model in my Emperor's Children squad "Aestus" with scratch-built Blastmaster.

Hope ya like him!

·
Registered
229 Posts
as good as the previous one Undeadair, maybe even better. Love the blending throughout the mini. TOP STUFF, and keep up the good work!!!!!

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Shiny!
I love the Blastmaster, looks just like the set of speakers I want in my car :wacko:
Damn I wish I could paint even half as good as you, I've got some stuff that needs a worthy paintjob

·
Registered
830 Posts
lovin it! How do you afford to make your army have such good bits, like every single guy looks to have $20 worth of bits. However when its well converted and well painted it looks great as your models always do.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Wow man, great minis! You have a great scratch-built blastmaster there. The blending looks great, as does the freehand. I agree, you have the GD in the bag!

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Again, Undeadair, you come up with a very good miniature. The conversion is thought out and executed to a high degree and the painting is once more top notch, I will not go as far as to say "the GD is in the bag" as that is inviting failure ;) But you stand an awefully good chance of getting top three I think.

My only critisism is that the nmm on the bolter handle and in gneral does not really look metallic, just grey. I think these could be viewed as a flaw. Otherwise a very good miniature.

KU

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
King Ulrik Flamebeard said:
Again, Undeadair, you come up with a very good miniature. The conversion is thought out and executed to a high degree and the painting is once more top notch, I will not go as far as to say "the GD is in the bag" as that is inviting failure ;) But you stand an awefully good chance of getting top three I think.

My only critisism is that the nmm on the bolter handle and in gneral does not really look metallic, just grey. I think these could be viewed as a flaw. Otherwise a very good miniature.

KU
And thank you, King Ulrik, for a well thoughtout post. :)

I don't at all believe the "GD is in the bag"... I'm hoping of course, but I don't think I'll ever be that confident as long as people like Scott Bowser and Tom Schadle walk the earth, the latter being my lord and personal savior. I've only been at this whole painting thing for about a year and if I can make it out of Atlanta with a Bronze I'll be pleased as punch, but either way I'll have a nice looking squad to game with.

As for your your observation of the blastmaster handle, it's not meant to be NMM, simply an alternative to the typical gold/silver you normally see on weaponry. It's just meant to be painted Shadow/SW grey - like on all the other weapons I've done in the squad so far. I figured Slaanesh-crazed libertines wouldn't care for bare metal to show on their weapons so I'm avoiding all metallics except for gold.

Thanks for your words and for bringing the thread down to reality. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fantastic paint job as always, I would love to see a whole army of these

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice paintjob and model. Just wondering how do you get your pictures so clear? Like what camera are u using because Im hve trouble catching all the detail and proper coloring on my models and it makes them look worst than they are. Yours are so nice and clear. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hot diggety damn...that foul worshipper of the ruinous powers is definetly one of the best ive gotten to see yet. very sweet.
I like the runes and chaos glyphs on the seals and his cloak...very nice indeed.
But there is one little detail: Chaos marines wouldn't put scrolls with imperial symbols on their equipment...im talking about that parchment with the winged skull...thats definetly Imperial Iconography...i know that chaos is also quite fond of skulls n stuff but eagle wings...hmm dunno :)
But aside from that the mini is Top Notch and two thumbs up.
Hats off...keep up the good work.

bLACK

·
Registered
315 Posts
The reason for Imperial iconography (correct me if I'm wrong, Undeadair) is that this is very shortly after the Heresy, which is also why these marines don't match your "standard" Chaos looks. Thus, many symbols of the Empire are still integrated into their armor, weapons, etc.

The model looks great. My biggest criticism is that to me, the cloak/cape looks a little bit flat -- there doesn't seem to be a lot of depth into the folds. Keep up the good work though -- I really like the concept. Best of luck at the GDs. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here we go again with a new model, Its amazing and i wish i wish mine could be as nice. I think i am going to go cry in a corner now.:cry:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sithlet said:
The reason for Imperial iconography (correct me if I'm wrong, Undeadair) is that this is very shortly after the Heresy, which is also why these marines don't match your "standard" Chaos looks. Thus, many symbols of the Empire are still integrated into their armor, weapons, etc.

The model looks great. My biggest criticism is that to me, the cloak/cape looks a little bit flat -- there doesn't seem to be a lot of depth into the folds. Keep up the good work though -- I really like the concept. Best of luck at the GDs. :)
Not after the Heresy, but during, just after they've given themselves over to chaos.

The cape does indeed look flat in the pic, but that is a result of the angle of the light I used on the model and the angle at which it was shot (so I could show the freehand). It's just a photography issue and my setup is pretty inadequate. :)

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Once again our hate/love relationship starts again. I love it. Thanks for conversion on the blastmaster will help people save money, as it is a good idea and do-able without GW sucking the life out of us with the bits they make you buy, yes they make you buy the metal ones people because you are left with no other option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
drool*
hope i can see that in person at GD
you can look at the entries in person right?
i've never bin to a games day
i cant wait

but anyways, beatiful model, i cant belive you've only painting for such little amount of time,amazing
( we need a drool smily)

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
Undeadair you have a fantastic talent in painting NNM miniatures, maybe you could make
some guidelines and some step by step things for this forum. I would love to see how
to do this style of painting. Rep point earned!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wiglebienie said:
drool*
hope i can see that in person at GD
you can look at the entries in person right?
i've never bin to a games day
i cant wait

but anyways, beatiful model, i cant belive you've only painting for such little amount of time,amazing
( we need a drool smily)

I can't wait either! I've never been to a GD either, but I would imagine you'll be able to walk right up to the miniatures (behind glass displays) and look to your heart's content; at least that's what I gather from the pictures of the events I've seen! I plan on doing a lot of drooling (and pacing) myself. :) If you're going to Atlanta, make sure you come up and say hey! Maybe if we can find a group of LOers planning on going to GD Atlanta we can hold a sort of impromptu meeting!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts