Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all.

I thought I'd try my hand at converting a plasmagunner as I am doing all I can to avoid buying GW's metal figures which i hate with a passion.

Comments, questions, praise, bashing, and general BS welcome.

UPDATE:

Thanks for Andusciassus for his pointing out the horrendous pose. I was so absorbed with getting the weapon right I neglected a decent position for the model itself.

Here's the final build:

·
Librarian from Hell
4,396 Posts
I like the gun conversion, it looks really good, but I'm a bit more dubious on the pose.
I think he would look much better if he was either shooting and looking through the scope, or walking/running and not holding his weapon as if he was shooting.

BTW, your painting really inspired me, so I'm trying to paint "living people". Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Very clean conversion, I like it. It gives the plasmagun an image of power. I almost feel bad for the trooper, I'd hate to have to carry a weapon that big... it'd be heavy as hell and unwieldy, but the grim/stoic expression on his face is perfect, just what I'd expect from someone resigned to carry a weapon that volatile. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I prefer using flamers to convert plasmaguns. It suits guardsmen better to lug them around like support weapons I think :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
hah.. i find this most amusing as i did the same thing myself about three weeks ago... tho i didn't gut the gun as far back... guess i'll have to post a pic of it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.