Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
His jetbikes are many.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
it took almost a year, but the first 1500 points of my Saim-Hann army are finally complete.

Actually, they are not exactly Saim-Hann, since they are Corsairs which abandoned the Saim-Hann Craftworld and took a new symbol, this one:

Here is a pic of the complete army, parked in a drawer...

And here are more pics (click on the thumbnails to enlarge)...
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/andyscar/Saim-Hann/?action=view&current=Autarch.jpg
Caledor the Autarch on his Jetbike...

The Shining Spears...

The Vypers...

A couple of Jetbikes...

The Warlocks on Jetbike...

And the Falcon...

As a sidenote, all the models are magnetized using rare earth magnets on the flyer bases (so it will be easier to transport the army) and on the weapons (to make weapon swapping easier)...

Hope you will like my army, comments, feedback and constructive criticism are strongly appreciated!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Very nice collection, Mayor Quimby. Good color scheme with crisp color lines.

One questions: What was your method for making the icons?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beautiful, I always liked the look and theme of Saim-Hann and the change in symbol I believe makes them look even better.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
very nice army, nicely executed, painting is very neat. I would like to see more blending for highlighting personnaly, but dont let that detract from a nice job well done, the facon looks to have been a little "forgeworlded"?

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
You could have done to use anextra layer or two, some of your painting is rather harsh. On the other hand they still look gorgeous so it doesn't detract too much.

·
His jetbikes are many.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everybody for your comments, keep them coming!

About the harsh highlights, you are right.
I wanted to paint my army quickly (at least for my standards), at a tabletop standard... so I did not use much blending, multiple layers, and other time-consuming techniques, just a couple layers.

This is an army for gaming and the harsh highlighting is good enough when seen from the other side of the board... if you want to see my "showcase" minis (Trollblood Beer Raiders) click here.

@ rabbit - I will post a tutorial with pics next time I paint a lion icon, but here is a short guide:
- I drew the lion icon on a piece of paper, on a larger scale.
- scanned it and printed many icons (in different scales) on a sheet of paper.
- cut a icon from the paper and used it to draw the outline on the jetbike canopy using a soft pencil.
- painted the outline and the icon with Space Wolf Grey and washed the pencil marks away.
- painted the icon with a second layer of Skull White.
- "cleaned" the edges with the basecoat paint.

@ Cheredanine - yes, I used a Forgeworld upgrade kit for the Falcon.

·
His jetbikes are many.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope you do lots more Eldar stuff, then you can show us!;)
Of course I will!
Next to come:
- Howling Banshees (almost complete)
- Dire Avengers (still in the box)
- Farseer on Jetbike (conversion in progress)
- 2 Wave Serpents (undercoated)
... and a Scorpion Super-Heavy Tank which should arrive in a week or so... 8X
My mouth dropped open. That is a great army. How'd ya do the symbol?
I will post a tutorial with pics next time I paint a lion icon, but I posted a short how-to in the first page.

Thank you for your comments (and rep), keep them coming!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Sickening, obscenely nice. I condemn you sir for having a too nice lokking army!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.