Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I haven't really received any feedback in the gallery so I'll try posting them here.
Let me hear what you think! ;)

Reactions: Dodge

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He works now... ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
syn

I think they look great my dark angels do not look that good keep it up:yes:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Why do you waste time posting pics. We all know you should be a heavy metal painter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had the distinct honor of seeing these marines before anyone else and I do wish the photos were better if only to do these guys justice! Maybe a brightness/contrast adjustment with photoshop would help.

Nonetheless, I love these Fists. Keep em coming, Boba! It's not easy pulling off yellow space marines but you've done it masterfully. :)

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Undeadair said:
I had the distinct honor of seeing these marines before anyone else and I do wish the photos were better if only to do these guys justice! Maybe a brightness/contrast adjustment with photoshop would help.
Or a secondary lamp illuminating the front of the model

·
Registered
335 Posts
for better pics, use a small desk lamp and put a klenex on the lamp shade infron of the bulb, fix it there with a rubber band. The klenex diffuses the light and you get no glare but you do get light, so no dark pics.

cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very well done i may say. As good as the gw imperial fists in my opinion. And the fact that there my fav chapter, i guess i just have a weak spot for big yellow armored soilders.

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try White_consulate's lamp idea next time. Thanks for the tip. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts

Ok, dude, first off, we don't hijack other people's threads. Go post your pics somewhere else.

Secondly, I took the liesure of taking what I considered to be the most well taken pic (all the minis look great so I couldn't choose like that) The dreadnough, and altered it a bit. This is after about 5 minure sof work. Here it is for you guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bobahat...

Nice job with the Imperial Fists. It's nice to see someone bring back the old checkers and the yellow/black chevrons. Classic GW if I ever saw it. Good job.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry i did not mean to hijack

Jhagadurn said:
Ok, dude, first off, we don't hijack other people's threads. Go post your pics somewhere else.

Secondly, I took the liesure of taking what I considered to be the most well taken pic (all the minis look great so I couldn't choose like that) The dreadnough, and altered it a bit. This is after about 5 minure sof work. Here it is for you guys.

I would like to formally appoligize for the stunt it will not happen again.:yes:

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jhadadurn, That actually look more like the real thing. Thanks! :)

Bulldoglopez, yeah I was going for the classic look. For some wierd reason GW seem to want the Imperial Fists to be yellow and red instead of yellow. I am against that idea. Yellow all the way with black chest eagles and the occasional red sergeant helmet or cloak.
The checkers were inspired by the really old Rouge Trader marines and I really think they look cool and personalise my army.

·
DING
2,657 Posts
Now I know why you have been so quiet Boba, you have being slaving away at your painting station, painting yellow like there is no tomorrow. ;)

I love 'em, like the others have said its great to see some good old fashioned checks on IF. One of my fave chapters and you have done them more justice than I ever could. Could you give me a run down on how you painted them man?

Once again great job............

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
12,108 Posts
Ahh... pimping your work again Boba? ;) I was 'forced' to look at these via MSN and I am impressed. The light lets them down slightly as they look rather dull, otherwise they are a fine bunch of looking miniatures.

I love the Assault Squad's sergeant, his pose is great. Also Commander Bannon is suitably posed too, quite dynamic. One thing I like is the slight decay of the yellow paint on the edges of your armour plates, that is well done. My only critisim is the fatiges on the scout, may be the light but they do not look as good as they rest of the model.

KU

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.