2 Carnifex
- Spore Cysts
- Scything Talons
- Venom Cannon

3 Biovores

Total Roster Cost - 1995 pts

TURN 1

TURN 2

The Trygon Alpha shows up shoots up the nearby marines with his bio field and kills 1 marine. The Black Templars disembark and pump everything at the Trygon who does a really good job at distracting the enemy not much else.

TURN 3

TURN 4

The Tyranids counter assault, the Tyrant charges the terminators after killing one with the venom cannon. The blessed land raider keeps shruggin off attack after attack truly blessed that one. However he keeps getting armament destroyed results in the process. The Tyrant ends up killing off the terminator unit single handedly however the Templars punch through the zoanthropes and head for their original goal the biovores. Speaknig of biovore by now there isnt enough infantry in the board for them to attack which sucked. The zoanthropes warp blast the assault marines leaving only one remaining who falls back but regroups later only to come and assault them.

TURN 5

The black templar have the advantage at this point with a sole survivor hiding behind the destroyed vindicator in the back and the chaplain's unit that has survived this long and captures the Tyranid objective. If the game ends the templars win however it doesnt end...it is far from over

TURN 6

Now the templars try to force the gaunts off the objective with the lone remaining templar, while trying to hold their ground. If things go well they could win the game. However the game does not end here

TURN 7

The tyranids press the black templars into a corner as the Land Raider tries to set a defensive wall against the carnifexes and zoanthropes but proves unsuccessful as the carnifexes finally tear it open in assault, the Tyrant joins the zoanthropes that held the Black templar HQ and Assault Marine in combat for the past couple phases, while the Gaunts at the top kill the last templar and claim the objective.

The chaplain becomes the only remaining survivor surviving focused warp blasts with a 4+ inv to avoid instant death and being tabled. My opponent concedes the game and the Nids take their first victory in a long hard fought battle that could have truly ended badly with any less luck.

WINNER: TYRANIDS

Reactions: maverik2988

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thank you i always like battle reports that have pictures. Also i guess you were using the new codex to make this list, right?

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Great batreps as usual. Easy to follow and read.

That's a lot of zoans that need to be insta-killed. I guess that's easier said than done with those 3+ Inv saves. Too bad the trygon died. Woulda be interesting to see how well he fares in cc. With my new list, I'd consider a couple of venomthropes to give my TMC's some cover.

·
Registered
370 Posts
the trygon is dirty in CC. At least in the White Dwarf Battle Report it was pretty dominant.

EDIT: Also I don't really have the time to read through the 40+ pages of stuff about Tyranid rumors. What is with the dev gaunts? Are they useful now. Cause i glued up six before i realized how bad they were and cut off the bulky part of the gun to make it look more like a termie but needless to say it looks really crappy.

·
BANANA!
1,161 Posts
the trygon is dirty in CC. At least in the White Dwarf Battle Report it was pretty dominant.

EDIT: Also I don't really have the time to read through the 40+ pages of stuff about Tyranid rumors. What is with the dev gaunts? Are they useful now. Cause i glued up six before i realized how bad they were and cut off the bulky part of the gun to make it look more like a termie but needless to say it looks really crappy.
First off, All White Dwarf Battle Reports are rigged and are for advertisment. That is what I and a majority of the community belives, even though White Dwarf obviosly denies it...

The second thing you should really ask in the Tyranids Forum, maybe even in the New Codex thread...

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for checking it out and yeah that's the new rules I have the german codex leak and I created an army builder data file myself with all the rules and stuff to build armies.

Best Units in the Codex thus far: Dev Gaunts, Biovores, Zoanthropes

Average: Hive Tyrants, Carnifexes

Worst: Trygon, Raveners (raveners need some re-resting)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Really what makes the dev gaunts so good if you can leak it? And how is the trygon bad. For not more than 200 points to draw all the enemy fire for a couple turns should be pretty good.

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly as you sadi 'draw enemy fire for a couple turns'

except he'll only draw enemy fire for one turn seeing as bolters can kill him en masse. 3+ save and T6 doesnt get you very far

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good battle report. I see the 3+ invulnerable-saved Zoans are useful, kind of like Wraiths have for Necrons. Have you tried Mawlocs? Their large pie as they appear could more than make up for them being worse than a Trygon in CC. Plus they are cheaper, and can hide if they are going to die, and repop to contest an objective. And did you find the Biovores to be worth it, or would you change them for something else? Like, say, a Harpy?

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I played 3 games today with the new Tyranids.

Game 1 vs Eldar
Game 2 vs Sisters of Battle
Game 3 vs Tau

Eldar got wiped out (Annihilation)
Sisters gave me a REALLY REALLY tough battle, jeez how many times can they make a 3+ inv on every friggin model....but I won at the very last minute (Capture & Control)
Tau was about to be wiped out, we had to call the game at the end of turn 3 because the store was closing but the outcome was already pretty much decided with a possible annihilation on turn 4 dependin on how far he could've gotten with his crisis suits assault moves. (Seize Ground)

Peformance Ratings
Game 1
- Best Units : Deathspitter Warriors, Alpha Warrior
- Average Units: CC Carnifex, Venom Cannon Fex
- Worst Units: None

Game 2
- Best Units : Barbed Strangler Warrior, Bio-Plasma CC Carnifex, Alpha Warrior
- Average Units: Dual Bonesword Warriors, Trygon
- Worst Units: Venom Cannon Fex

Game 3
- Best Units : Alpha Warrior, Biovore, Zoanthropes, Spinegaunts
- Average Units: Trygon
- Worst Units: None

Overall
- Best Units : Alpha Warrior, Zoanthropes, Biovores, Barbed Strangler Warrior

Alpha Warriors are the shizzle ma nizzle! lol, seriously that's my new favorite HQ I hid them everywhere, with warriors, gaunts, carnifexes! They are GREAT in carnifex units, to take extra hits and then with regenerate they can just regain those lost wounds after. In warrior squads the added BS is a nice boost tho don't expect TOO much from it. And hiding them with gaunts and pushing up on enemies is also great at keeping the gaunts in line and sneaking in that alpha warrior to key positions.

Zoanthropes as always outperformed damn near everything else and my tau opponent soon made them his #1 priority after seeing them warp blast his units away. Definetly the best unit in the codex or at least in the top 5.

Biovores are a menace i just can't stress this enough if they were cheaper to buy i would try to get myself another 3 biovores these guys are just mean! I wiped out a unit every time I shot them, first a pahtfinder unit, then 2 fire warriors units. I love the new biovores.

Barbed Strangler warriors are niceee what can i say forcing the enemy to take pinning tests and even if they pass that's still a large blast S4 that they have to deal with usually breaking their formations.

- Average Units: All other Warriors, CC Carnifex, Spinegaunts

The warriors did well they can survive a LOT of non-ID fire. That was really sweet seeing how resilient they are, however once the ID shots start pouring in, say byebye warriors!

I souped up the spinegaunts and they did really really well at killing tau crisis suits like there's no tomorrow and even destroying a devilfish. I also noticed spinefist is a pretty respectable range once you mass fire them. I was getting plenty wounds on whatever i shot.

The CC Fex, the 'vanilla' fex worked pretty well, posing a threat and killing stuff it was even better with Bio-plasma. I'm starting to think that bio-plasma is a must have! Shooting a 12" Plasma Cannon is no joke! melts marines pretty easy.

- Worst Units: Venom Fex, Trygon

The trygon did better in these games than in my first attempt at using him, however he never made back his points, died too easily and due to popping him up away from the action to avoid having him killed right off he normally did not serve that much of an important role. He did help wipe out an essential sisters of battle troop choice in CC but he was slaughtered in return...beat by a girl(s)

Venom Fex wasn't doing so good couldn't penetrate AV 13 or even glance it. However they were pretty good at killing eldar but then again so was everything else.

Battle Reports definetly coming for all 3 games sorry I never posted my last Tau game I just looked at the pics and compared to playing at GW at home it looks so much 'cheaper' that i decided to skip on it and just wait to play some games at GW. But that game i won by annihation as well on turn 6.

So far my new nids have the current record:

5 Wins
0 Losses
1 Game undecided (against sisters of battle, due to only getting to turn 3 or something and both of us having strong units still alive)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.