Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,065 Posts
wow, this is side scrolling madness! from what i can see, i enjoy it, but i wish it was taken a bit...farther away.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Hey Bobdole,

since you invented the internet (hehe)

After each pic link you put into the post..hit [enter]
Dropping the next pic's link address to a new line.
(and when posted, the pic will be benheath the previous one...not BESIDE it.

it'll keep us from side scrolling.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
I think its quite well done. Great exampes of simple and effective terrain!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for the stuff unpainted what color should i paint them?

oh sorry guys forgot the last one

i was thinking of painting all the unpainted pieces like this but i wasnt sure

what you guys think

the two long pieces with a razorback down the middle of them are supposed to be the crash site of a downed ship or something

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
Here's how to get those down to a manageable size (LO has a maximum size for pictures, so your big pictures are going to be turned into links by the mods.):

Open a photobucket account, and upload the pictures there.
Above each photo on the menu in Photobucket, click "Edit"
Above the photo, you can now "Resize"
Choose the 640x480 option.
Use the direct link to put your photos on LO.

Hope this helps in the future.

Tekore

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure if it's just the flash or whatnot, but the scenery looks very shiny. Unless you're going for a "freshly watered" look, you might do well with some matte varnish on them.

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
nice stuff! those rocks in the first pic of the first post could use a gray drybrush though. Other than that, they look great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice stuff! those rocks in the first pic of the first post could use a gray drybrush though. Other than that, they look great!
hum never thought of that im going to do that

anyone have any idea how to paint the speaker and city terrain? because i really have no idea how to

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
well, for the speaker-thing, i cant see if its textured, but if it is, you should use a drybrush of whatever color you want to use. for the wire, use a consistant coat of a bright color (green, blue, red etc.)if the rubble is stone, use a 2:1 mix of chaos black and codex grey for a basecoat, than a 1:1 mix of the same colors in a medium-heavy drybrush, after that, use straight codex grey with a light drybrush. to top it off, use (reaper paint) stone grey. If you dont have that, I think that codex grey + bleached bone in equal parts will make about the same color. If it is metal, use boltgun metal, with progressing drybrushes of chainmail, and mithril silver. the speaker itself could easily be made into an industrial light (though it would be a difficult paint, or simple, depending on the color of the light) you should paint the post the same way you would paint most metal. one detail that would add a lot to the peice is: rivets. You can just use a holepuncher on plasticard (or cardboard-paper (tagboard to those who know it by that name)) then use a pit of cestnut ink around said rivets, making a streak down the way that gravity would have pulled rainwater down before it was rubble.

hope this helps!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.